Occasional Contributor

Remember when QVC used to sell.......

Things that used to be sold ALL the time on-air but not so much any more:

Capodimonte porcelain tchotchkes (many, many years ago)

Marcasite jewelry

Wii game systems

Frequent Contributor

Re: Remember when QVC used to sell.......

OMG, I'm really getting nostalgic reading about all the old shows, products and former hosts. I fondly remember all this stuff, and a few things that I don't think anyone else has mentioned:

-- Erwin Pearl - Gracious older gentleman who had a line of beautiful high-end costume jewelry (I still have some pieces)

-- Disney collectibles - One of these shows was Lisa Robertson's first solo hosting gig, if I remember correctly

-- Show host Donna Harfenist - VERY knowledgeable about jewelry and and ignited my passion for gems. I believe she came from a family in the gem business and was a graduate gemologist herself

-- Treasures from the Sea shows - Featured items (mostly jewelry) made with pearls, coral, shells, etc. My first Q purchase was a necklace with pearls and peridot, amethyst, and citrine chip beads

Super Contributor

Oh, yes, I remember all these! What a fun thread! And it makes me remember that I used to sit and watch QVC rather than just have it on for background noise. Anybody remember the Bee Alive lady? The Jessica Holbrook line? And not so long ago, the crab cake people; they were on all the time! Imperial Gold! How I wish I could have afforded to buy a piece then! I remember a gold necklace that came to a point in the front that I wanted SO bad. Wonder how much it would cost today?

Contributor

Silver Sunday mornings with Jane.

Respected Contributor

Pro-Strong nail products, with that couple from CT.

That other nail product, where the Rep used to bang her nails against a board to demo how effective her item was! Darn, can't think of her name.

Super Contributor

I saw Royal Doulton china on ShopHQ not too long ago. Is Imperial Gold still around? Cant imagine what they'd cost now. Wonder if they honor their lifetime guarantee if they went out of business? (LOL)...

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2013 sashamatthews said:

Remember years ago when they sold that red light thing to ease your aches and pains? And it worked!!!! NESCO, T-fal, Yves Rocher ... the good old days when it felt more like a secret club than a massive warehouse ...

I bought that red light thing for my father as a Christmas present once. Dunno if he ever used it......

Super Contributor

There definitely was a moose. I remember Kathy cracking up selling it once. Maybe there was a reindeer and a moose.......

Regular Contributor

On 9/19/2013 sashamatthews said:

Remember years ago when they sold that red light thing to ease your aches and pains? And it worked!!!! NESCO, T-fal, Yves Rocher ... the good old days when it felt more like a secret club than a massive warehouse ...

I was looking all over the house last night for that "red light thing" as I had a cramp in my leg! Could not find it, but I remember it really worked! Also loved Yves Rocher.

Super Contributor

Erwin Pearl - Gracious older gentleman who had a line of beautiful high-end costume jewelry (I still have some pieces)

OMG! Erwin Pearl. I remember him! What memories on this thread. Stuff and people I had totally forgotten about.........