TSV(R) Preview
75 Members and 13738 Guests Online

The Q We Love

Can't watch QVC videos

Started 1362469008.36 in The Q We Love | Last reply 1365476149.987 by KingCharlesSpanielMom

Is anyone else having a problem watch video clips on the Q? At first I thought is was my computer, since it hasn't worked for a couple of day. I tried the desktop today and it doesn't work there either. I have not problem streaming movies or watching ShopNBC clips.

Page 1 of 1
ThinkOutsi­deTheBox1362472749.411588 PostsRegistered 1/23/2011

Kind12 are you using Windows 8 on either computer? If so, try going to the desktop instead of the pretty tiled area, then start your web browser from there. Internet Explorer in the Start Screen (the pretty tiles) is designed to not run any add-ons. So, no video on sites needing things like Flash or Java to run.

Topaz Gem1362495273.7314451 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

You'll see several similar threads, as everyone seems to be having problems. I can no longer watch QVC live on my Nook Tablet. I watched QVC with my Nook for over a year and suddenly a couple of weeks ago it changed. Nook does not support Flash, so I hope they can do something for us. QVC has no app for the Nook, but HSN does and I can also watch HSN live from their website.

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

Kind1too1362498924.447456 PostsRegistered 11/19/2012Southeast Michigan
On 3/5/2013 AllAboutTech said:

Kind12 are you using Windows 8 on either computer? If so, try going to the desktop instead of the pretty tiled area, then start your web browser from there. Internet Explorer in the Start Screen (the pretty tiles) is designed to not run any add-ons. So, no video on sites needing things like Flash or Java to run.

One computer uses XP and the laptop is Windows 7. This is a new problem, I always was able to watch them until recently.

fthunt1362502104.41230 PostsRegistered 12/24/2010

Yes and No

Enlarge VIDEO jerks and freezes = both audio (speech) and picture until half way through. However, small screen (not enlarged) video played as it comes up at the left of screen - seems to work okay.

It use to work fine until recently and I haven't changed from Windows 7. It's a QVC issue.

brcala1362669915.01279 PostsRegistered 11/15/2005

I can't watch either and I tried to download and update flash. Anyway, I called them and they don't have an answer except that maybe our browser is old and we need to update to get it.

If many are having a problem, why not fix it. I always use it when I miss or look something up. I like to see what I am buying and if I cna't, well, I guess I can't buy it.

Cakie1362765422.027117 PostsRegistered 5/6/2010

I have had the same problem recently, using the same computer (IMAC) that I have had for the past three years. QVC tells you to update Adobe Flash, which I have done; to use a different browser, have done. These do not correct the problem. I do not have this problem on any other site. If I click on "deny" the little window goes away and I can see the video. I think that QVC sets the rule for this. What I don't understand is, why do they insist on storing info on my computer when they have already dumped countless cookies on my system? It's hard to imagine why QVC, a highly profitable company, is not willing to invest in a user friendly on line system. If other on line vendors can find top notch IT people, why can't QVC?

Libby3301362769797.11741 PostsRegistered 9/23/2012

I have updated Adobe plus my browser and still having the same problem with freezing and I have to start the live feed over. This is getting old. It worked fine before they updated . I do a lot on my computer and liked having the Q in the background, but this is getting old.

NJ QVC Fan1362842195.5738 PostsRegistered 7/21/2010

I thought it was my computer also as to why I can't watch the videos and never had a problem before. I have Windows 7 and I do have the following programs on my computer

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin, Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6

I hope if enough QVC shoppers send emails to Technical Service, maybe they will realize that there is a problem.

I recently sent the following email to QVC Technical Service and below is the response I received.

I recently began having problems viewing videos of products. It goes on
but then I get a green screen or blurred screen most of the time. I have
tried both IE and Firefox. I noticed that you upgraded the videos. Is
there anything I need to do to view these videos so that I can see them
clearly?

Thank you for emailing QVC.

We’re sorry that you’ve experienced issues shopping on QVC.com. At the top
of the homepage please select Customer Service, and then click "Technical"
under the section "Frequently Asked Questions." If this information
doesn’t resolve your issue, please contact your internet service provider
for assistance.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

stevieb1362848415.84325292 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 3/9/2013 NJ QVC Fan said:

I thought it was my computer also as to why I can't watch the videos and never had a problem before. I have Windows 7 and I do have the following programs on my computer

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin, Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6

I hope if enough QVC shoppers send emails to Technical Service, maybe they will realize that there is a problem.

I recently sent the following email to QVC Technical Service and below is the response I received.

I recently began having problems viewing videos of products. It goes on
but then I get a green screen or blurred screen most of the time. I have
tried both IE and Firefox. I noticed that you upgraded the videos. Is
there anything I need to do to view these videos so that I can see them
clearly?

Thank you for emailing QVC.

We’re sorry that you’ve experienced issues shopping on QVC.com. At the top
of the homepage please select Customer Service, and then click "Technical"
under the section "Frequently Asked Questions." If this information
doesn’t resolve your issue, please contact your internet service provider
for assistance.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

So, in other words, their 'assistance' consisted of the the usual non-helpful, non-starter canned response... "Thank you for..." when they honestly couldn't care less...

The videos seem to work most of the time for me, though not every time. They are an improvement when I can watch them, but still aren't as good, clear, smooth... etc., as those on the new HSN site. It's been said before, and will undoubtedly be said again, but they need to scrap this site and start over, preferably with folks that know what they're doing.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I should have my head examined...

NJ QVC Fan1362864633.35338 PostsRegistered 7/21/2010

Well, I have no problem watching HSN videos,but I would prefer to watch QVC videos since I buy a lot more from QVC than from HSN. I can watch QVC live and QVC UK videos okay, but I don't know why I cannot get a clear picture from QVC videos. I never had this problem until very recently.

If enough of us keep writing about it, maybe something will be done.

dooBdoo1362866903.50714382 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010Beautiful Southeast USA
On 3/5/2013 Kind12 said:
On 3/5/2013 AllAboutTech said:

One computer uses XP and the laptop is Windows 7. This is a new problem, I always was able to watch them until recently.

I agree, Kind12. This is a new problem specific to the Q since they "updated" their videos.

"Warm summer sun shine kindly here, Warm southern wind blow softly here, Green sod above, lie light, lie light -- Good night, dear heart, Good night, good night." (Mark Twain) ~★~

BJR1363041593.382275 PostsRegistered 8/8/2006

I tried yetsreday to watch the video for the TSV and a message came up saying it was not available! Go figure. BJR.

dawnetodusk1363049006.76379 PostsRegistered 7/4/2007

I am also having this problem and when I wrote to QVC a couple of days ago, received the same canned response re going to the technical questions section on the home page. This is very irritating. If I cannot see the live shows/videos I will not be purchasing! How stupid do they think we are?

KingCharle­sSpanielMom1365476149.9778 PostsRegistered 8/14/2010

I AM GLAD TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I CONTACTED THEM BY EMAIL FROM THEIR WEBSITE AND I CONTACTED THEM BY TELEPHONE. BY TELEPHONE I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE REPRESENTATIVE UNDERSTANDING WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. I THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS COMPUTER LITERATE BUT SHE WAS NOT OR WAS ACTING LIKE SHE WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

ANYWAY, I SENT AN EMAIL TO QVC ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO VIEW PRODUCT VIDEOS ON MY VERIZON ANDROID SMART PHONE AND THEY EMAILED ME BACK BUT WITH NO SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM JUST THAT THEY WILL LET THEIR TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT KNOW OF THIS PROBLEM.

NOT ONLY THAT, I CANNOT ALWAYS GET THE PRODUCT VIDEOS TO WORK ON MY PC OR LAPTOP ANYMORE. THEY PLAY FOR A FEW SECONDS, THEN PAUSE AND I GET THE DOWNLOAD ICON AND THEN NOTHING AT ALL. IF I LEAVE IT ALONE IT MAY LOAD FULLY AND I CAN VIEW IT THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT GETS HUNG UP AGAIN AND STARTS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD.

I THEN GET FRUSTRATED AND TURN IT OFF. IS THAT WHAT QVC WANTS. I WOULD THINK NOT. BUT WHEN YOU CONTACT THEM THEY DO NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY SO THEY JUST TELL YOU IT IS YOUR PROBLEM.

ONE DAY MAYBE QVC WILL ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE COMPLAINTS AND GET THE PROBLEMS RESOLVED. IN THE MEANTIME I WILL GO ELSE WHERE TO SHOP. I DO NOT JUST SHOP WITH QVC ONLINE.

QVC USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP BUT TO ME NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE. IF I SEE SOMETHING I NEED THAT SEEMS TO BE A GREAT BUY I MAY PLACE AN ORDER. BUT NOT UNTIL I CHECK ALL OTHER ONLINE SHOPPING SITES. I DO SHOP AROUND ONLINE FOR THE BEST DEALS AND QVC IS NOT THE ONLY ONLINE SHOPPING SITE.

Last edited on 4/8/2013

Last edited on 4/8/2013

Page 1 of 1