New Holiday Decor
129 Members and 14058 Guests Online

Q News

Leah williams

Started 1384656553.837 in Q News | Last reply 1397162515.913 by Bandwife
i thought i read somewhere here at the community that Leah Wiliams is no longer married. I thought i read that her husband, James Logan , died. Does anyone know whether this is true or not and was Leah gone from Qvc for a long time? Thanks

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
MaeE1384658674.853269 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004

I heard several years ago that Leah is divorced..I did not know her husband's name but had not heard anything recently..She was gone about 6 wks or 2 mos at one time for surgery..That is all I know.

PeaJay1384744186.387428 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007OK

I've often wondered about Leah..........she only mentions that she has family in CA & somehow she must've mentioned that she has no children. But she never mentions a husband or talks about her private life, like most of the hosts do.

ladybuglai­nie1384872149.873510 PostsRegistered 11/12/2006Florida

Hard to tell with Leah...she's one of the VERY few hosts that knows how to separate her private life from the job!! If her husband has passed, that's very sad....she's far too young and much too nice a lady to become a young widow. I've always enjoyed Leah and Marybeth because they have stayed the same people all through the years, and if they've had a bad day, they certainly never show it. 98% of the other hosts have done almost a complete 180 with their personalities and professionalism...and their are some that never had either one to begin with.

smhr1384875967.653822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA
On 11/19/2013 ladybuglainie said:

Hard to tell with Leah...she's one of the VERY few hosts that knows how to separate her private life from the job!! If her husband has passed, that's very sad....she's far too young and much too nice a lady to become a young widow. I've always enjoyed Leah and Marybeth because they have stayed the same people all through the years, and if they've had a bad day, they certainly never show it. 98% of the other hosts have done almost a complete 180 with their personalities and professionalism...and their are some that never had either one to begin with.


ITA. Leah is a total contrast from Jill and Jane Tracey, that never seem to stop talking about their personal lives. I certainly respect Leah's right to privacy. I always thought Leah would be my kind of neighbor. Someone who likes a little chit-chat, but would respect my own right to privacy.

taja1231384884294.8232477 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012

I enjoy Leah and think she does a great job and professional. She's there to sell, and I think she's a heavy hitter in selling. She has fans, and they all seem to appreciate a job well done. I like her privacy and professionalism.

mosky1384891783.38624 PostsRegistered 4/15/2009
On 11/19/2013 taja123 said:

I enjoy Leah and think she does a great job and professional. She's there to sell, and I think she's a heavy hitter in selling. She has fans, and they all seem to appreciate a job well done. I like her privacy and professionalism.

I agree! She is at the top of my list and I appreciate the fact that she does not bring her private life to the job!She is always in good spirits...I really like her!

RetRN1384892252.1631229 PostsRegistered 10/1/2013

I agree with you ladies. Why on earth would she come to work, get on air and talk about a divorce? That's a pretty personal thing.

I will also say that I think Shawn talked too much about her wedding. Jane Tracey, I won't even go there.

itzdee1384893212.2140 PostsRegistered 10/14/2005

Oh, Ladybuglainie, I was so glad to see what you wrote! I often wonder if it's just me...that I think so many of the hosts have changed from the past. I've chalked it up to ways they are being directed by the network to be more demonstrative or whatever. But I agree with you that Leah and Mary Beth have remained pretty true to the people they always were. Because of the changes, I don't watch much and shop online instead.

And yes, Leah separates her private life from her job. Some things are interesting to know from hosts...but often it is just TMI.

taja1231384894446.6972477 PostsRegistered 1/22/2012
On 11/19/2013 mosky said:
On 11/19/2013 taja123 said:

I enjoy Leah and think she does a great job and professional. She's there to sell, and I think she's a heavy hitter in selling. She has fans, and they all seem to appreciate a job well done. I like her privacy and professionalism.

I agree! She is at the top of my list and I appreciate the fact that she does not bring her private life to the job!She is always in good spirits...I really like her!


Another thing, Leah can sell anything, not just fashion. Like most of the good ones who can sell fashion and vacuum cleaners. Sign of a great host.

Perkup1384895467.3636452 PostsRegistered 12/24/2008

I find Leah easy to watch and definitely not a problem to listen to. Guess I don't watch (or listen) closely enough to be offended by anything she does. I also remember the conversation about her being divorced, but nothing at all since then. I do recall her frequently mentioning family in California - a sister I think. But she rarely mentions family or talks about anything personal, and I truly appreciate that in her. She's an excellent host IMHO.

nlwilliams1384895762.3371648 PostsRegistered 5/10/2007

That's her business, she's selling products not her life story.

Daysdee1384902480.9119021 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I believe Leah has been divorced for a few years. She is not a widow. She does keep her personal life separate which is nice. I also think Shawn talked too much about her engagement and wedding. I think she has stopped doing that now or maybe I just don't watch QVC that much.

AuntG1384903023.116325 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

You would never hear Leah complain about her DH's smelly BM's as I heard Shawn doing one day when she was hawking poo-pourri. Leah comes in and does her job in a friendly way, without over-sharing with us.

BonnieBelle1384906326.31319392 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

Leah is one of my favorites. She is such an elegant lady.

stellabyst­arlight1384907240.707588 PostsRegistered 1/14/2005Westchester County, NY

I love Leah and think she is such a classy lady. I remember about 10 years ago, the Insider magazine did a feature on hosts at home, and they featured Leah and her then husband, who was a very handsome guy. Her home was warm and inviting with rich wine shades and a liitle gold as I remember her Royal Palace rugs. I was obsessed with her engagement ring, which was a nice sized round brilliant cut with bagguettes on the sides. I also remember shortly after her mother died, a woman called in from Northern California and told Leah that she had worked for her mother, and that her mother was such a classy woman. Leah began to cry and the camera had to shoot to another part of the set. I could watch Leah 24/7 and feel she is one of QVC's best hosts!

Aiminghigh1384907580.917489 PostsRegistered 4/1/2013
On 11/19/2013 AuntG said:

You would never hear Leah complain about her DH's smelly BM's as I heard Shawn doing one day when she was hawking poo-pourri. Leah comes in and does her job in a friendly way, without over-sharing with us.

OH NO...did Shawn really do that! What a mess! I am so happy I missed that comment. I have always said the key to a happy marriage is separate bathrooms. LOL

MarthaStew­ardess1384908182.2877295 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
On 11/19/2013 Aiminghigh said:
On 11/19/2013 AuntG said:

You would never hear Leah complain about her DH's smelly BM's as I heard Shawn doing one day when she was hawking poo-pourri. Leah comes in and does her job in a friendly way, without over-sharing with us.

OH NO...did Shawn really do that! What a mess! I am so happy I missed that comment. I have always said the key to a happy marriage is separate bathrooms. LOL


LOL! Yes, Shawn really did do that! TMI. It's "My Joe" this and "My Joe" that to sell almost everything. LOL, I wouldn't want the sales girl in Macy's or WalMart to tell me personal things like that. I like the fact that Leah doesn't harp on about her personal life and various family members to sell every item. Honestly, I really don't care about their personal lives/activities. Once in a while with a quick mention is one thing, but then there are those that go way over the top with too much information (Shawn, Jane T).

travelmom4­061384920993.2575 PostsRegistered 6/27/2007
Leah is classy, charming and always very gracious to colleagues and her guests. I have always enjoyed watching her.

sunnybrook1384952820.2772327 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005
On 11/19/2013 ladybuglainie said:

Hard to tell with Leah...she's one of the VERY few hosts that knows how to separate her private life from the job!! If her husband has passed, that's very sad....she's far too young and much too nice a lady to become a young widow. I've always enjoyed Leah and Marybeth because they have stayed the same people all through the years, and if they've had a bad day, they certainly never show it. 98% of the other hosts have done almost a complete 180 with their personalities and professionalism...and their are some that never had either one to begin with.

ITA agree about both of these very professional hosts.

islandergi­rl1385057352.61397 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009

I remember hearing a few years ago that Leah's former husband had died.

catprincess1385057662.272365 PostsRegistered 4/9/2007Rocky Mountains

She is a good host, but after awhile all of her giggling get to be too much! I heard her say she was divorced-not widowed. Now if she would only work on her wardrobe!

palmajo1386027513.017582 PostsRegistered 10/22/2007
On 11/19/2013 travelmom406 said: Leah is classy, charming and always very gracious to colleagues and her guests. I have always enjoyed watching her.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! I love Leah....great host!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart"

NicoleSoul­Sistah1386035425.04362 PostsRegistered 8/30/2012

Great post :-). Love Leah, Very nice and classy. Never speaks over vendors and listens. Soft spoken and very friendly.

lovesrecess1386040388.19313766 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I would much prefer if the hosts kept their personal lives private; I don't watch anymore but JRT is insufferable especially this time of year; so sick of Nutcracker, her sister, prima ballerinas, etc...ad nauseum

Shawn has always been obnoxious IMO so it comes as no surprise that she would say something completely off the rails about poo-pourri. I stopped watching QVC because of Shawn; just find her behavior very offensive.

dee dee sue1386120900.24109 PostsRegistered 7/11/2010

plain {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}&simple I like Leah-she does a Great job

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next