Dooney & Bourke
72 Members and 16654 Guests Online

Q News

QVC PLUS

Started 1377192051.543 in Q News | Last reply 1382891161.517 by Vickie00

I just discoverd a NEW CHANNEL on my Direct TV..It's called QVC PLUS and it's pre recorded shows. Right now they are showing the BLACK SPINEL Show from this morning with Pat DeMentri....It wasn't there yesterday...?????

Page 1 of 2
Kachina6241377195968.42717019 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
What channel?

Local1377196459.3131512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006

I read about that a couple months ago. It is being tested in certain markets. I got a survey about my tech habits a little bit ago I guess when they were considering where to launch.

Alexa63521377199275.493555 PostsRegistered 7/18/2006
On 8/22/2013 kachina624 said: What channel?

It's Channel 315 on Direct TV

Kachina6241377200384.85317019 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
Yes, it's on my TV too.

deeva1377200790.142135 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005stuck in the middle

I noticed this channel too.

Puff Puff1377209522.7226 PostsRegistered 8/3/2011

First of all, I don't have Direct TV..I'm with Cable One...Anyway.I went to QVC's website on my computer one night,and there was QVC Plus instead of the LIVE feed...It was about midnight Central..It was playing that day's edition of In The Kitchen with David...I was wondering what was going on...Now,from your explanation I know...

brii1377209586.17325942 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008

Interesting.

I don't know if I have it or not.

Momret1377263781.78 PostsRegistered 2/7/2010

I have direct tv genie. Check out channels 76, 79, or 315. QVC is having GREAT sells!!!!

humpty dum­pty1377264151.064088 PostsRegistered 8/19/2007Western PA

I saw the new channel in the channel grid on my DirecTV ... I was wondering how long this has been on ... so I guess it is fairly new ... and I noticed the phone number to different than the regular 800 phone number ...

It makes me wonder if the expense of maintaining another tv network is being passed on to the consumer ...

- Good enough is good enough!! -

sjmplus11377271914.06146 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

It's not just in certain markets. I know its definitely on Directv. It seems ridiculous to me. id think most people have DVR or something to record programming. Directv already had QVC on 3 channels and now theyve added 2-3 more for QVC Plus. QVC must be paying them a lot of money.

The channel is showing broadcasts that were on 3 hours earlier. One thing I dont understand is how are they going to present items that are already sold out. Id think that would frustrated customers. Are they going to air the presentation in the normal time, or are they going to run a crawl saying the item is no longer available and expect a viewer to watch a 5 minute presentation on something they cant buy. Plus they have limited pricing on One Time Only & Today Special Value. If youre watching the show 3 hours later, those prices arent valid either. With QVC channels, QVC.com, QVC Apps, QVC streaming --- have customers really been clamoring for even more QVC? (QVC definitely is doing something with Directv when they have 6 channels and HSN has one).

It just seems weird to me..QVC Rerun Channel (not really plus although they say they might consider doing exclusive programming on the channel later)..Right now, there doesn't seem to be a PLUS unless they would offer special discounted prices on items that didnt sell out on the original channel - or do a clearance channel. I know they tried a specialized fashion channel that didnt work. Apparently overseas, they do have some specialized channels like a beauty channel in the UK. That makes more sense than reruns, especially since many 'shows' with similar products are aired multiple times a day anyway since the guest is only there for a day or two.

sjmplus11377272099.953146 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

On Directv, its also channels 76 and 79 in addition to 315. Thats THREE RERUN CHANNELS while QVC is also on 3 channels - which is also on channels 70,275 & 317

SIX CHANNELS of QVC on my TV is a bit much.

sjmplus11377272989.803146 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

Can you not reply directly to a person's comment or question, but have to write the reply at the end of the page? The reason there would be a different number on QPlus is so that when you call in or use automated ordering, they will know the current product on air.

The one thing QVC needs to figure out is the shipping charges. I dont understand how people pay shipping charges on lower priced products you have to buy individually - what comes to mind is cosmetics and beauty products. If you have to buy a separate mascara, and lipstick, and foundation etc...and youre paying $5 to ship each one, is that really worth it. It just seems crazy, especially if the product is a brand available elsewhere. Its one thing when they do a package deal...THey also often have bundles which are only offered one time as a promotion to get you to buy...But then if you like one item - like a certain color lipstick or eye shadow, they dont offer it again. When youre buying items available elsewhere like Philosophy, its often good to do an internet search. Check websites like Dermstore or Skinstore. While many of the MSRP are the same, theyll often have promotions of 10-20% off and free shipping after $49 or something like that. You can save a lot of money on certain products. It all depends on whether the discount price (if there is one) plus shipping makes it cheaper. Even if you live in rural areas not near stores, you can still do online shopping (except for the older people who dont use modern technology)

On the food items, years ago they decided to remove the separate shipping charge and just incorporate in the price. Seeing shipping of $15 probably scared some folks away,but most of the food prices are super expensive if you check per serving or per pound for meats. QVC is a big enough company that they should be able to do free shipping like others do. Or at least say free shipping if you buy a certain # of products or $$ in a day/show/brand. Even the half price shipping on a second item to the same address really is not much of a discount.

One main pet peeve is when they say you can get this item for under $25...And yet the item will be $24.48 with 5.95 shipping. They know very well that not a single viewer can actually get the item under $25...Its impossible. Its just disingenuous. Same with its on easy pay and they say , you can get this for $12...If someone isnt paying close attention or is in another room with just the volume on, its also misleading. But then they often exaggerate claims too so guess thats the business model when theyre trying to get you to buy on impulse and pretend theyre your friends. (Thats why they tell the callers glad to MEET you instead of glad to speak/hear from you. Do you ever speak to someone on the voice and say you've met them. No, but thats just one of many things theyre told to lure you in...No different than a car salesman, but people fall for it daily)

Alexa63521377279954.367555 PostsRegistered 7/18/2006
On 8/23/2013 sjmplus1 said:

On Directv, its also channels 76 and 79 in addition to 315. Thats THREE RERUN CHANNELS while QVC is also on 3 channels - which is also on channels 70,275 & 317

SIX CHANNELS of QVC on my TV is a bit much.

I just checked my DIRECT TV CHANNELS and YES 76 & 79 are QVC PLUS..You would think that if they were going to occupy 3 Channels for QVC PLUS..They would be showing 3 different shows......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BonnieBelle1377282479.67319695 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

You can watch it on QVC's website online Watch Live TV, right now is a BMak show. There's a thing to click on in the upper left hand corner.

I wonder if they have a directory of what's on this channel.

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Local1377288119.441512 PostsRegistered 5/21/2006

This is a recent article. It may be on direct tv but it still will not be all over regular cable networks, so it is not all over as indicated in this article. It is still test marketed in certain areas. -

WEST CHESTER, Pa., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- QVC, the global leader in video and ecommerce retail, announced today the launch of a second broadcast channel, QVC PLUS™. QVC PLUS will maintain the QVC brand and television experience including shows, exclusive products and program hosts, airing on a three-hour delay of QVC's current live broadcast.

"One of the secrets of QVC's success is that we offer customers the joy of discovery," said Mary Campbell, Senior Vice President, Multichannel Platforms at QVC. "QVC PLUS provides an additional discovery experience for our customers, and more ways to view our unique, ever-changing curation of people, places and finds."

The new channel will provide the same seamless customer service experience as QVC's primary channel, providing onscreen graphics indicating that it is a pre-recorded show.

Future plans for QVC PLUS may include special programming shown only on the channel to further expand QVC's offerings. QVC's international operations in the UK and Germany have offered multiple broadcast channels for some time now, some dedicated specifically to QVC's prestige beauty offerings.

QVC PLUS will be immediately available to DIRECTV customers (channels 79 and 315), as well as MCTV (channel 158), Kuhn Communications (channel 214), Thames Valley (channel 94), and Cincinnati Bell Fioptics (channel 244). In addition, QVC has confirmed carriage deals with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks. QVC PLUS will be available to Bright House Network subscribers beginning in September in the following markets: Bakersfield, CA (channels 250 and 1250 HD); Birmingham, AL (channels 273 and 1273 HD); Detroit, MI (channels 188 and 388 HD); Indianapolis, IN (channels 273 and 1273 HD); Central Florida (channels 225 and 1329 HD); and Tampa, FL (channels 162 and 1329 HD).

QVC PLUS will be broadcast live on QVC's website, and additional digital commerce functionality will be coming soon.

©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.

sam291377299901.077501 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013
If anyone missed fashionably early with the disaster duo, Rachel and Nancy, you may be able to catch it on QVC Plus.....LOL! Saturday nite live would have a field day with this disaster duo:)

stevieb1377301651.89331842 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

What, you mean their regular programming isn't repetitious enough?

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Last edited on 8/23/2013

mominohio1377306084.6073880 PostsRegistered 8/8/2010

I have often said that I think it would be a good idea for Q to have two channels, one for the beauty/fashion line and one for the home/kitchen/other stuff line of goods. But a channel for just reruns doesn't make sense to me!

Retired081377308451.8175330 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

Well, we have direct TV. We have 3 QVC stations!!! I Can't get away from it.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

nantucket ­shore1377313654.9275669 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 8/23/2013 Local said:

"One of the secrets of QVC's success is that we offer customers the joy of discovery," said Mary Campbell, Senior Vice President, Multichannel Platforms at QVC. "QVC PLUS provides an additional discovery experience for our customers, and more ways to view our unique, ever-changing curation of people, places and finds."

I sure don't understand, this doesn't make any sense at all...offering customers the joy of discovery?? View our unique ever changing ...people, places and finds????

That doesn't make any sense either.

I think someone needs to speak for this woman because what she is saying doesn't have one bit of meaning behind it. Maybe she doesn't realize that the hot dogs they sell are available in almost any grocery store in America, maybe she sits in her office and has no idea what's going one...sure sounds like it. I like women in Corporate America but I like women who know what they are talking about and know the "pulse" of the company for which they are employed, this woman is sure missing it all and I sure at a pretty salary too.

ocshopper1377315254.14208 PostsRegistered 9/21/2012
On 8/23/2013 Retired08 said:

We also have direct TV. They recently added an HD channel for each station, so now we have 6 QVCs!

StuffyBug1377318242.0632229 PostsRegistered 6/17/2010
On 8/23/2013 nantucket shore said:
On 8/23/2013 Local said:

I sure don't understand, this doesn't make any sense at all...offering customers the joy of discovery?? View our unique ever changing ...people, places and finds????

That doesn't make any sense either.

I think someone needs to speak for this woman because what she is saying doesn't have one bit of meaning behind it. Maybe she doesn't realize that the hot dogs they sell are available in almost any grocery store in America, maybe she sits in her office and has no idea what's going one...sure sounds like it. I like women in Corporate America but I like women who know what they are talking about and know the "pulse" of the company for which they are employed, this woman is sure missing it all and I sure at a pretty salary too.

How is she "missing it all?" There's a lot of rhetorical flourish in the statement, but I'm not sure how you've reached your conclusion that she's clueless.

Divine1377318703.1373653 PostsRegistered 11/20/2008

In my area there are many QVC channels on DirecTV. Some are HD and others aren't. I don't understand why we need to have a half dozen channels featuring the same programming. It's ridiculous.

icezeus1377374142.6634733 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 8/23/2013 ocshopper said:
On 8/23/2013 Retired08 said:

We also have direct TV. They recently added an HD channel for each station, so now we have 6 QVCs!

I noticed this the other day. I have Direct TV as well, the first thing that I said was why do I need 6 QVC channels?

Jazzcat1377621234.3739 PostsRegistered 7/8/2010
The reason they have three different channels for each QVC station is that not everyone buys the same tiers/packages on DirecTV. There is a package that only includes the double digit channels (76-if you just want local channels and a few others in digital). Another package would include more channels-79, and then if you have a higher tier you can view channel 315. It still doesn't completely make sense to me (just put it in the lower channels that everyone can access). I'm just glad we finally have QVC in HD after having DirecTV for nearly 5 years. Not sure when I would want to watch QVC Plus, myself.

Page 1 of 2