New Contributor

Why does customer service chat keep lying to me over and over again?

I ordered a Vitamix on March 22, 2015, paid in FULL. On March 24, I got on chat to see when it was going to be shipped. I was told 1-2days and that I would receive my order on March 30th.

I got into chat again on March 26 because my order still hadn't been shipped and I was told it was going to take another 1-2 day and that I would get my order on March 30th. I said I wanted to cancel because of the horrible lies I kept being told on when my order was going to ship out. Nobody from the company told me there was any problems with my order being shipped out. They told me I couldn't cancel because it was in the process of being shipped.They said I they would issues me a pickup for free since I wanted to return it.

Today, March 28, I got into chat because my order still hasn't been shipped. I was told my order was being picked and packed and was going to be shipped out today. Well NO shipping companies ship on Sat or even Sun. I was then told I would get my order on April 3rd!!!

I ordered a over $400 product, got lied to over and over again, and still it doesn't show it as being shipped. I hate to see how the warranty department operates. I am returning this product and ordering from the manufacturer as I can't trust a company who lies to me and who can't get their products out on time to customers.

First time order #4574743194

Super Contributor

Re: Why does customer service chat keep lying to me over and over again?

Oh I feel for you, that is beyond annoying.. I took a chance an ordered something on mon 3/23 and almost passed out yesterday 3/26 when it was delivered.. why so inconsistant

Esteemed Contributor

I know it's frustrating. However, I have had items say that they shipped on a date that would have been a weekend date. I've also had items that didn't show they had been shipped, and then 2 days later showed they had been shipped two days before, and they were in my town and out for delivery to me! I think sometimes they don't update shipping information, and an item has shipped but you don't know it, and maybe CS doesn't either. It's been rare, but it has happened to me.

Respected Contributor

Hello, 1st time buyer and welcome. Smile

That sounds like quite the hassle.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I can understand your frustration but consider this. The CS person you spoke with is sitting in a call center somewhere and can see your order. She can guess when it will be shipped based on past experience. Products like appliances are usually shipped directly from the vendor, and CS really cannot be exact in predicting what another entity will do or when. They are giving you their best estimate. They are not lying.

If you are going to make purchases from a place other than a store, you need to relax and roll with the punches. You sound like receiving this blender is a dire emergency. There are many variables when ordered from catalogs or TV. You can be assured that your order will arrive in a reasonable timeframe, perhaps a little later than you would have liked. QVC says to allow 7-10 days. If you cancel and order from Vitamix, it will come from the same place your present order is originating. Also do not giving online tracking huge creditability. They make lots of mistakes and omissions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To the OP, QVC is very reputable, and does not lie. You should relax, and you will get your order.
Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 1st time buyer said:

I ordered a Vitamix on March 22, 2015, paid in FULL. On March 24, I got on chat to see when it was going to be shipped. I was told 1-2days and that I would receive my order on March 30th.

I got into chat again on March 26 because my order still hadn't been shipped and I was told it was going to take another 1-2 day and that I would get my order on March 30th. I said I wanted to cancel because of the horrible lies I kept being told on when my order was going to ship out. Nobody from the company told me there was any problems with my order being shipped out. They told me I couldn't cancel because it was in the process of being shipped.They said I they would issues me a pickup for free since I wanted to return it.

Today, March 28, I got into chat because my order still hasn't been shipped. I was told my order was being picked and packed and was going to be shipped out today. Well NO shipping companies ship on Sat or even Sun. I was then told I would get my order on April 3rd!!!

I ordered a over $400 product, got lied to over and over again, and still it doesn't show it as being shipped. I hate to see how the warranty department operates. I am returning this product and ordering from the manufacturer as I can't trust a company who lies to me and who can't get their products out on time to customers.

First time order #4574743194

Horrible lies? ..... Sounds like they were reading the estimated delivery time noted on your order .... how is this lying? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

What I don't understand is why didn't you just pick up the phone, call Customer Service ..... and talk to a human being? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I can't see where there were any lies. Many things happen to cause delays in shipping.

I have received items that were still showing processing for several days after receipt with a delivery expected date in the future. To me it seems like a problem with the UPS and USPS tracking. Once it leaves the warehouse QVC cannot be the one at fault. They should, however, try to find a solution with the carrier or why it might take so long for a product to leave the warehouse. Some things come from their warehouses and others from the vendor's warehouse also so I think Vitamax comes directly from the companies warehouse.

Super Contributor

To say that they are "lying" to you is a moral/character judgement. The person is telling you the information they can see on their computer screen. That's all. They have no interest or benefit in deceiving you.

"Shipped" in the Land of Oz can mean days and days (it seems like that, when you are waiting for it) in a state of limbo. I don't understand it, but it seems to be related to the pass-off to the numerous shippers they have added in order to reduce their costs. Just guessing on that, but it never used to be that way when it was either USPS or UPS.

Your VM will get there, and you will have regrets if you send it back! It's great! - Bird

Honored Contributor

I really believe CS is clueless. On another note: Why would anyone even want a Vitamix?