Contributor
Why? Q_Not so much anymore! V_Definitely not! C-Only for those not accessible to BM stores. Been a customer since Day One! Too many changes to comment on! It really has become an effort to watch mainly because of content and hosts! Enough said ....
Honored Contributor
I think their customer base has shrunk down to 2 categories: people who don't use the Internet, and those who aren't able to get out much to shop.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Its truly unfortunate and sad how the Q. has changed over the years...

I have been with them since the beginning...it was always on my T.V....day and night when I wasn't at work....even if I wasn't watching...it was my background ""company""...

Now....I rarely ever turn it on...and when I do...its for a short period of time...Hosts and Products have kept me away....

When I think of it...I look at items recently aired...but more often then not..I don't....

Honored Contributor

The old, grey Q she ain't what she used to be... by a mile.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I became a QVC customer when you showed something unique I didn't see locally, and there was more variety in your programming.....

QVC can try to disguise it with clever theme days and play musical chairs with the hosts, but what they've become is a retailer with too few products to keep me interested....sorry Q nothing to make we watch or buy...{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 SPURT said:

I became a QVC customer when you showed something unique I didn't see locally, and there was more variety in your programming.....

QVC can try to disguise it with clever theme days and play musical chairs with the hosts, but what they've become is a retailer with too few products to keep me interested....sorry Q nothing to make we watch or buy...{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Q is barely a shell of the great tv retailer it used to be.

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 3/21/2015 SPURT said:

Q is barely a shell of the great tv retailer it used to be.

Yep Calmin......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Hi Spurt,

ITA with what you replied and I can also elaborate....Some companies just no longer entice or offer unique type of products they did in the past which members felt compelled, and justified to purchase.

Today three are so many other choices available to the Consumer, as well as so much more competition, with further enticements like buy 1 get 1 free. Free shipping, discounted shipping and the like.

I even recall receiving Birthday and Anniversary money off coupons in my email from many large shop at home companies, and HSN had Tootie to boot which always made me smile!

Unless a company remains innovative, their customer service responds with a willingness to listen and resolve, seeks unique items which appeal to the masses and their wares are not defective or corners cut with cheap overseas imported manufacturing, items are not dangerous for consumer use, .....Displays integrity, honest presentations which do not cause hints that enable consumer harm, and an overall professionalism in ensuring all their wares are consumer safe, reliable, and dependable........if all of this occurs to draw the customer in then the customer will remain loyal, return and continue to justify wise purchase decisions.

If not then the customer seeks purchases amongst the competition to satisfy all thee requirements they have become used to listed above.

In the case of QVC which I also became a member of well over 20+ years ago they have changed drastically and it is not for the better either in my humble opinion.

Many disadvantages to order now appear such as the fact that I no longer purchase anymore clothes due to sizing being non existent and extremely inconsistent.

"Also returns are extremely frustrating and costly, even more so now with the new rules QVC has recently applied".

I no longer watch QVC as often as I did, and when I do, I don't see that array of specialty and unique items which made me wish to purchase, instead I see items I would never feel safe to use or keep in my home, as well as items which already proved quite defective in their imported overseas cheap manufacturing made available in the USA by affordability and empty promises, as well as these companies lacking integrity, total honesty, and the same former willingness to promote great customer service, and offer the highest product quality of consumer wares imaginable.

Seems as though today's QVC presentations are rushed to the point where the hosts will say anything truthful or not, just to make a quick sale........and lets not forget no longer receiving our original purchase refunds in full for defective item returns.

All the negative points outlined above only irritate and force QVC consumers to seek alternatives with companies which offer what QVC used to offer which was Quality, Value and Convenience.

"The competition both in brick and mortar stores in NYC as well as on the internet now offer even more value, more quality, and much more convenience, along with added consumer incentives, and a competitive vast array of safer products without false televised vendor promises".

Many internet companies even arrange to have a defective item picked up by their shipping carrier from your residence at no extra charge, and they deliver 7 days a week with Prime 2 day shipping right to my front door.

They offer great competitiveness, a fabulous Customer Service Division more than willing to please.

They also offer refunds to appease their customers when the situations are warranted.

I even received a reduction in my upcoming Prime Membership from their Executive Division when I escalated a very dangerous situation I personally experienced upon their preferred method of delivery carrier carrier to my residence.

The carrier delivery from the company's vendor involved cut glass items broken arriving completely broken due to vendor negligence regarding no packing materials in the package.

This negligence caused a very dangerous consumer experience which caused the glass items to break in the box they were shipped in without the required packing materials to safely cushion their journey.

The vendors clearly did not adhere to the companies corporate packing guidelines as publicly posted by the company on their internet web site for everyone to view.

This is what I refer to as exemplary customer service with complete consumer recognition, a willingness to keep a consumer who purchases quite often as a return customer and offer them complete consumer resolve and satisfaction.

Now why couldn't all companies display these wonderful attributes listed above to all their consumers?

Answer is simple they can, but intentionally prefer not to, and in many instances unfair situations like that only force consumers to purchase to their complete advantage and satisfaction elsewhere.