Esteemed Contributor

Complaint on jeans item number A72887 (& smell of clothing)

I have bought the jeans with the item number A72887 before and the fit was fine.

Well not this time. The average length is definitely not average on these same jeans this time around.

I am 5 feet 5 & 3/4 inches tall (As in almost 5' 6"), and that means I take an average length. Yet these jeans are WAY too long compared to the last time I got them!

(I might add that is the case many times when I have gotten other jeans, they have needed to be hemmed too. Which shouldn't be the case because I always order regulars).

Also time and time again I have gotten clothing and they smell bad like a sulfur type odor? The above jeans I mentioned also smell badly! I know I am not the only one to receive smelly clothing, because when I read reviews others have complained about some smells on clothing for a few years now. It takes a few washings, hanging them outside, and all kinds of things to get the smell out before wearing them!

It would be nice if you would fix the issues I mentioned. I mean who wants to pay the costs you are charging lately for jeans and tops and have them smell? (and the jeans need to be altered, when they didn't before, costing even more money).

Lastly- I had to type this here because you also cannot leave feedback on items you ordered before, even if the item changed now (as with these jeans). It would be nice to take into consideration that we can leave feedback again, even if we bought the item before.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that you will consider addressing these issues. If not the feedback issue, at least please address the odor issues and the length issues.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Re: Complaint on jeans item number A72887 (& smell of clothing)

It's been this way for years, and I don't think it is going to change. My annoyances are D&C non-locking, cheap zippers (imagine the savings they get using these instead of quality YKK) and the shallow pockets.

The last pair of jeans I bought has shallow pockets that go HORIZONTALLY and meet at the middle (where the zipper is) and are SO STRANGE. I mean, what woman wants to be seen with her hands in THOSE pockets...or with the credit card or change bulging across THAT area?

But then, the cheap non-locking zipper is down, so they probably will notice that first. - Bird

P.S. BTW that smell does NOT wash out, no matter how many times you put it through the cycle.

Frequent Contributor

Again with the odor issues on clothing! Wonder what's up with that. Does the label say they were made in China?

Honored Contributor

Goods coming from the Orient are shipped in box-car size containers which are sprayed with insecticide to prevent foreign insects from entering our country. If your merchandise was near the outside of the container, it may get some of this odor. It should wash out with no problem. I hate the musty smell fabrics often have, which is harder to remove.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I've experienced only one unsolvable garment odor issue with QVC's merchandise: Isaac Mizrahi's Stretch Denim Jacket (in black) A254333. Despite over a dozen washings, it still smells like diesel fuel. I left a product review after I had washed it twice as the odor had diminished a bit. I foolishly thought that one or two more washings would remove the residual odor and was generally pleased with the style, fit and silver button details, so I kept trying. No such luck. I wore this jacket only once (after @ 10 washings) and could smell myself all day. Of course, it's too late to return it. Unfortunately I can't post a follow-up review to indicate to potential buyers to NOT buy this garment. And, with the new shipping policy, customers will be relying much more on reviews before ordering.

Honored Contributor

I have had this problem too and sent a couple of jeans back because even after several washings it did not remove the odor......I agree with Kachina I read somewhere about an insecticide being sprayed on shipments from China . My clothing shopping is now done locally....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I also have send back some chemical smelling clothing that was so bad that it caused a migraine for me. [no kidding] mostly this problem is with black denim. I buy very little from QVC now for this reason and for other reasons I will not discuss now.