Super Contributor

$10.00 now to return something

I returned a pair of Issac pants and used the pre-printed ship label and knew it would cost me $6.95. BUT the Q is now also taking the $3.00 original shipping. that is $9.95!!!!

There are items I know fit me and skin care and make up I use faithfully and I will continue to buy these but I am no longer going to try something if I am looking at almost $10.00 to return an item.

Back to the mall for me.

Bookbabe

Honored Contributor

Re: $10.00 now to return something

There have been probably hundreds of complaints here on many different threads in the past several weeks, as the reality of this new $3 shipping scheme takes hold. An even worse risk now is buying a handbag. You can lose as much as $22.00 if you want to return one. That's insane! This new policy will come back to "bite" them.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

ITA!
Respected Contributor

People had been moaning and groaning about the cost of s&h. . . As the saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for."

Honored Contributor

This was in the fine print when they unleashed the new shipping policy. Unfortunately, all some saw were the reduced rates on some things... Taken as a whole, this policy does not appear to favor customers, it appears to favor them. They put this out there to address complaints about high shipping, and in a very smoke and mirrors kind of way, came up with a plan that they assume will not decrease their bottom line, given that shipping charges are a source of profit for them. If enough people react unfavorably to it and it results not just in fewer returns but in fewer sales, maybe they'll change it, otherwise, those shopping the Q will be stuck with it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...

I've always thought of shipping and handling as being a "slush fund". Now it is just a bigger slush fund, and I'm not going to order shoes or clothes any longer. Too iffy.
Honored Contributor

I'm fine with the new policy, I rarely return things. Last week I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from a brand I've never worn before, it's not going to keep me from shopping. I'm glad I'm paying less for shipping now.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I am just curious. Who should pay the shipping?

Shipping is not free. Packaging costs money. Labor costs money. Shipping costs money. Insurance costs money. Nothing is free.

If someone purchases something, why should they not expect to pay to have it shipped to them. If they change their mind, why should they not pay to ship it back? On what planet is it fair to expect the company to refund all shipping, thereby passing the costs onto other shoppers?

When it comes to clothing items, I do think it is incumbent on QVC to ensure accurate measurements are provided. After that, though, ll responsibility falls upon the purchaser. If one is "hard to fit," perhaps online sopping is not the best option. If one does not like the color because it looks different on television, then they should accept the fact they were wrong and, at minimum, pay to ship it back.

I just do not understand why so many people seem to think it is any way fair or proper for others to ultimately pay more for an individual's lack of decisiveness or willpower. It just makes no sense.

Honored Contributor

I think that what adds insult to injury-- and this has been said on other threads-- is that prices on many items went up on the same day the $3 shipping began. This was sneaky, as the Q thought its customers wouldn't notice.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

You always can make your own labels.