New Contributor

I purchased my item on Feb. 24th, and I received a shipping tracking number on Feb. 27th. However, the tracking number was never updated beyond "billing information received". I contacted customer service on Mar. 2nd to verify that the item was shipped and to receive updated tracking information. I was told by a customer service rep that the item was scheduled to arrive on Mar. 4th, but they could not give me any additional information due to the tracking information not being updated. I was told if I didn't receive the item days after the original scheduled date (I can't remember the numberof days.) to give them a call back. I called customer service again on Mar. 9th after not receiving the item, and I was told I had to call back on Mar. 12 and they would expedite the item if I haven't received it by then. I received an item on Mar. 10th, but it was the WRONG ITEM. I received a Duraflame Electric Stove with Heater instead of the Dyson Vacuum cleaner that I ordered. Two not even closely related items. I contacted customer service, and I was told by 2 different representatives that they would ship my purchased item only after they received the other item back. I was also told that they would not give me a refund until they received the item back. The rep said I would not have to pay the laughable $10 return shipping, and that she was trying to do me a favor. Favor?!? Really?!? At the very least, I would expect Q to expedite the purchased item since this was their mistake, and it had already been 2 weeks. The rep stated that all she could do was say sorry. This is the definition of poor customer service. I fully understand that delays can occur, but communication with customers during those times can go a long way. What I do not find acceptable is placing the penalty of your failure onto the customer. This experience has shown that you lack the ability to fairly bring resolution to customer problems and take any accountability for your poor service. I am left with no item, no reinbursement and no further desire to consider you as an option for another purchase.

Honored Contributor
Wow, sounds like a really bad experience. I can't imagine that happening very often. Sorry you had such hassle.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why they didn't send the correct item right out as I got the wrong item once and they immediately shipped the correct one out.

Honored Contributor

You don't have to wait to receive the item. You can always just order and get the issues cleaned up when it is received on both ends.

Honored Contributor

I think this happens more than you think, people just don't go on these forums and complain about it. I have noticed my self that QVC has taken a much harder line when it comes to customer service, seems like they do not have as much latitude to help the customers as they used to. Just remember you can always file complaints with the Attorney General in your state against the Q. Don't forget the Q has your money the whole time you are trying to sort out the mess and you still do not have the product.

Honored Contributor

OP - what a mess. How did you leave it with customer service?

Honored Contributor
I think the Q has been burned too many times by shipping the item and never getting the wrong item back. They didn't used to be so rigid on this policy but that seems to be the way it is now. Too bad because it really inconveniences the customer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Customer service would not agree to any other option other than to send the correct item out after they received the incorrect item. After writing this post on Mar. 11th, I shipped the incorrect item back to them and purchased the item at another store since my old one was completely done. Customer Care did contact me on Mar. 12th after reading this post (it was stated in the email) to offer resolution to my issues. They offered their apologies, express delivery of a "free upfront replacement" (it just means you won't have to pay twice...it is really the original item), and to schedule a pickup for the incorrect item. Since I had already shipped the incorrect item back and purchased the item from another store, I requested a total refund with no fees associated with this transaction. Customer Care agreed to this upon receiving both the incorrect item and the "free upfront replacement" item back to them. Though I am appreciative of their attempt at resolution, I wish this would have been their initial action when I requested the exact same thing. It should not come down to a forum post to prompt good customer service.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Kciney and welcome. Smile

Sorry you went through all that. I wonder why QVC has been a bit rigid with the return policy? Well, I'm glad it got worked out for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder