Contributor

QVC charging extra to send things back.

I sent two jewelry returns back. I paid myself to send items back. I find if you do it yourself it costs less than half of what the Q charges most of the time.

When I got my refund back it was short. I called the Q and was told that they weren't giving me back the original shipping cost. I replied" I, the customer pay that too" Unless it states free shipping I was never reimbursed for any shipping.

I will not be ordering anything that may have to go back again. This is poor business practice as far as I am concerned. They may have cut some shipping costs but you will pay for it in other ways.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC charging extra to send things back.

The reality of their new policy is beginning to be felt now. When they first announced it a month ago, the higher return costs were hidden in the "small print".
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

handygal is right....you need to read the small print...

I think... in the beginning...the shoppers only focused on the reduced shipping and didn't read further...now reality has kicked in...product prices have all been increased...no half off on s&h when you purchase more then one of the same item...and no return of your s&h when you return any items...

I know I will not be ordering as much as in the past....and that can be a good thing for me...:0)

Trusted Contributor

If you purchase an item and have it shipped to you, and then you change your mind and return it, why should you not have to pay the original shipping?

You ordered the item, and the item was shipped to you. Someone has to pay for the shipping -- even if you change your mind. Why should those shipping charges be passed along to everyone else?

Contributor

Making a point. Don't worry about QVC losing money. They more than make up for it in other ways. I was asking a question. Thank you handygal and circles for your kind replies.

Esteemed Contributor

Up until they changed the policy about a month or so ago, if you returned anything, you did get reimbursed for your original shipping. You may have had to pay return shipping, but the original shipping you paid to get the item was refunded. It's been their policy to do that for as many years as I've been shopping here.

Now that they've cut the shipping costs, they will only refund your original shipping if the item is defective... then you don't have to pay for return shipping either.

Honored Contributor

The point of this policy is to discourage returns. Just like Shop HQ has always done. It works, I've returned exactly one thing to Shop HQ over the years. All I can think of is $15.00 . . . $15.00 . . . $15.00 . . . when I'm tempted to order something I'm not absolutely sure of.

Valued Contributor

On 3/3/2015 KYToby said:

If you purchase an item and have it shipped to you, and then you change your mind and return it, why should you not have to pay the original shipping?

You ordered the item, and the item was shipped to you. Someone has to pay for the shipping -- even if you change your mind. Why should those shipping charges be passed along to everyone else?

Why can other online stores offer FREE shipping AND FREE returns and QVC has to charge for BOTH???
Super Contributor

I think we did it to ourselves - Not really me - I returned very little - but the people who were always ordering multiples and duplicates on a whim - just to try on - did it - in fact- Q was the only one of the 3 shopping channels that refunded the original shipping cost. Not defending them - only in that regard - have never been able to get my head around the way they send everything in separate packages even though they were ordered at the same time - just to increase shipping. The only thing I really ever order anymore is an occasional piece of jewelry -very seldom have to return it. If you don't like their policies - go to the mall -you van find much better deals - especially at Macy's if you shop their sales and coupons - Kohl's too does an excellent job with all their coupons and such.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 depglass said:

The point of this policy is to discourage returns. Just like Shop HQ has always done. It works, I've returned exactly one thing to Shop HQ over the years. All I can think of is $15.00 . . . $15.00 . . . $15.00 . . . when I'm tempted to order something I'm not absolutely sure of.

The point of this policy is to increase the bottom line, pure and simple. QVC has always depended on it's shipping and handling rates to increase revenue. Read their quarterly statement.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment