Super Contributor

Need Answers Re Forum Monitors Deleting Threads

There is a complete lack of visible guidelines for when a forum monitor deletes entire threads. It appears to be left to the discretion of whomever is "on" at the time. Please ensure that your monitors read the entire threads and in context before deleting them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Answers Re Forum Monitors Deleting Threads

I agree that, most of the time, only certain posts need to be deleted--as opposed to an entire thread.

Honored Contributor

I agree. Too much over-reaction by the monitors, IMO.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I know it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but let's not post any thing interesting or controversial.

Honored Contributor

Maybe there are more than on moderator. A liberal and a consrvative.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes, we see posts grow so quickly that there are scores of replies. When they grow this quickly, it is impossible for moderators to go through each individual post and delete them individually -- particularly when inappropriate posts are quoted over and over again.

If you do not like it when posts disappear, blame the posters blatantly violating thwe rukes -- not the moderators doing the best they can to babysit the childish posters.

Regular Contributor

On 2/26/2015 KYToby said:

If you do not like it when posts disappear, blame the posters blatantly violating thwe rukes -- not the moderators doing the best they can to babysit the childish posters.

I agree.

And even when my posts disappear, I don't care very much. It's a shopping channel chat board - - - nothing earth shattering.

Esteemed Contributor

It's pretty clear to me that depending upon which moderator is working which shift, their own personal agenda governs what goes and what stays. No big deal, but you can detect which host a moderator is bent on protecting.

Honored Contributor

I've never noticed a problem with what webbie deletes or leaves.

Besides, this is Q's private website and they can do anything they want with it and they don't have to answer to anyone, even if someone doesn't like it. Besides the posted guidelines by Q seem pretty clear to me.

Respected Contributor

Once a thread gets so far off, it's really not worth going through it further to pick and choose and the thread gets removed. I have no clue how they decide to remove a thread. Maybe by how many reports it gets?

LOL, at least they don't send nasty grams like amazon telling you to be nice.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*