Trusted Contributor

QVC Return Labels...Never Again!

I use QVC return labels to return expensive items. I thought it is more secure since the package is insured. My post office will no longer scan return these prepaid packages. They have a bin, where you drop off pre-paid returns.

I asked the post office to scan them and they said NO.. new policy is put them in the bin. Well... I dropped off a package Bixby jewelry over $350 at the post office on 2/13. I waited the 12 days before I could have QVC check this return. Guess what? There is no record of this return...surprise! Meaning my post office never scanned this item, so someone stole it.

I think my QVC buying days are limited. I have been on pins and needles since I returned this package. QVC did the right thing and are crediting my account. I asked CS if she was going to pursue this with the post office and she said no...my package was insured. (No one will be responsible for this theft.)

Lesson learned...I will never use a prepaid QVC return again. My purchases will be very limited from now on.

Anyone else have their post office refuse to scan return labels??

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Return Labels...Never Again!

All of the post offices I go to (near work and home) scan my labels and give me a receipt. Maybe you could try a different post office?

Trusted Contributor

DJS mom...Thanks for your response. Have you returned anything recently? This policy at my PO was started around the 1st of the year.

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Bestdressed said:

DJS mom...Thanks for your response. Have you returned anything recently? This policy at my PO was started around the 1st of the year.

Yes I have. I did read on this BB that some posters PO won't issue a receipt and some will. I don't understand why they won't. It takes all of 2 seconds to scan the label and issue a receipt.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you DJs mom... I am going to pursue this with my post office. Their policy encourages theft.

Esteemed Contributor

I put my returns on the porch and the postman takes it...I never go to my local post office..never even see the postman....never had a problem....

Trusted Contributor

I've not had a problem either. This sounds like an issue with your post office, rather than QVC. I'm confused, I guess. Are you saying there is no record of you ever even having left the pkg at the post office, and QVC is still issueing you a refund? Especially with a pricey item like that, I'd be a happy shopper. And I would definitely be talking to the post office!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/25/2015 SUHSE39 said: I've not had a problem either. This sounds like an issue with your post office, rather than QVC. I'm confused, I guess. Are you saying there is no record of you ever even having left the pkg at the post office, and QVC is still issueing you a refund? Especially with a pricey item like that, I'd be a happy shopper. And I would definitely be talking to the post office!

Suhse39...Yes, Luckily for me... QVC is issuing credit. But....I am sure if this happens again they will not be so accommodating. Therefore I will NOT be using QVC return labels. The post office was nasty to me...like they had to retrieve the scanning gun from the back to scan my package. QVC return labels are only for post office and I cannot use them at UPS. I do not leave it with the postman because I have no proof of return either...which is a mute point now that the post office will not scan it either.

Yes...I am going to make a special visit at my post office. I am really p.o.'d off

Esteemed Contributor

I returned a number of things in late January, and I never have a problem. I just tell the clerk I need proof of mailing, they scan my packages, and give me a receipt.

I did mail one package paying my own postage because it was cheaper. Normally I would have printed the label with the appropriate postage myself, but my printer was out of ink so I had the post office do it. Priority mail is supposed to carry $50.00 in insurance, and I wanted to insure it for $100.00 -- so I thought I only needed to pay for an extra $50.00 of insurance. They said that because of some agreement with QVC (and some other companies- they said they had a list), I had to pay for the full $100.00 insurance.

I asked them how QVC could dictate what I paid for insurance on a Priority Mail piece I was paying for myself? They said they didn't understand it, but because it was going to "QVC Returns", that's the policy. They said they have to check any QVC boxes to see if they're going to QVC Returns, and if they are, then there is no insurance included in the Priority Mail price.

I called QVC and they said they had never head of this. I haven't returned anything since then, because I haven't bought anything, and I probably won't!

Honored Contributor

It is worth paying for your own shipping on expensive items. Or even if you don't insure it, you can get priority mail + delivery confirmation + tracking by paying and printing your label online.

I always ship via priority mail but do it online. It's cheaper and you can check a box so USPS automatically emails you every time the package is coded as it moves to the destination. You can also get free delivery confirmation....it costs you $1.65 or so if you take the package to the post office or grocery store. You can also buy insurance online. Drop it at the post office or grocery store and they have to scan it because it's priority mail.