Honored Contributor

Wow! QVC's New Return Policy Is Working For Me!

I just took a lot at my checking accounts. Normally there are tons of QVC charges.

Guess what? There are no recent buys from QVC. Yepper! I decided that I'd been buying way too much ummmm stuff(?) anyway.

Since QVC isn't returning the shipping, I add that (mentally, of course) on to the cost of the item. That makes the item expensive (or just not worth the money), so ........

I'm saving all kinds of money.

Thank you QVC. (post note: This is silly but it's true).

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow! QVC's New Return Policy Is Working For Me!

If the return shipping charge is keeping you from purchasing, then it sounds like you were returning way too many things. This new policy should do away with some of the serial returners who drive up overall costs for the rest of us.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you OP. I too am far less likely to take a chance on an item with this new world order of theirs... It has nothing to do with being a 'serial returner', as I've never been one, but before, even though I knew I'd be out the seven or so dollars for return shipping, I was often willing to try an item 'on approval'. Now, knowing that I'll be out a minimum of ten dollars (and usually more, since that oft touted three dollar shipping doesn't apply to quite a few items...) for the privilege of 'trying on' an item, so to speak, I won't be ordering anything that isn't virtually a sure bet. As for returns driving prices, it appears before implementing these changes, those 'in the know' opted to raise many prices on their own, without any help from us... I'd note that this grand new policy has also resulted in even slower processing of returns...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 2/18/2015 KYToby said:

If the return shipping charge is keeping you from purchasing, then it sounds like you were returning way too many things. This new policy should do away with some of the serial returners who drive up overall costs for the rest of us.

That may be true for some people, but I am not a serial returner, but it makes me think long and hard before buying something that I might have to return because it does not fit or look good on me. I always tack on tax and shipping to the true cost of an item, even though the hosts do not when an item is presented. So, to add the cost to ship to me to the cost to return something, just in case it does not fit, makes me think twice now before ordering. In the past, all I knew I had to lose was the cost to return. Couple the new return costs to the fact that they don't give discounted shipping for multiple items, also makes me think twice. I ordered a pair of shoes from a line I have never worn before, and would have ordered a second pair at the same time, but if they did not fit, it was going to cost me $24 to return them.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Occasional Contributor

I also will be saving future money, as I too will be further curtailing my purchases as well. I rarely return items and usually only due to defective merchandise. I had already cut way back on my QVC purchases due to the lack of anything of interest or of value ever offered anymore. I still occasionally bought some shoes, but the new shipping handling policy and non refundable policy has made a "try on" ridiculous! I just received two different pairs of Skechers, for which I normally do not have fitting issues. The two new pairs of shoes were both sized too large for the usual size I buy in a Skecher, so I am stuck with a big try on fee. I can purchase shoes elsewhere and avoid this problem. It seems every new thing QVC puts into effect serves to reduce my spending even more. I guess QVC is depending on the old saying that they can still fool some of the people, some of the time, it just won't be me.

Honored Contributor

I don't order expecting to return something.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Smrt said:

I also will be saving future money, as I too will be further curtailing my purchases as well. I rarely return items and usually only due to defective merchandise. I had already cut way back on my QVC purchases due to the lack of anything of interest or of value ever offered anymore. I still occasionally bought some shoes, but the new shipping handling policy and non refundable policy has made a "try on" ridiculous! I just received two different pairs of Skechers, for which I normally do not have fitting issues. The two new pairs of shoes were both sized too large for the usual size I buy in a Skecher, so I am stuck with a big try on fee. I can purchase shoes elsewhere and avoid this problem. It seems every new thing QVC puts into effect serves to reduce my spending even more. I guess QVC is depending on the old saying that they can still fool some of the people, some of the time, it just won't be me.

Indeed!... There's another old saying: "The customer is always right." Judging by the tone of the majority of posts pertaining to their new policy, the Q just doesn't care-- at least not yet....
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 KYToby said:

This is not equivalent to a store where you can see the color and touch the fabric before you buy, and that does not take into account fit issues.

Now if it the garment does not fit or flatter you, it is essentially costing about $9-10 depending on taxes to try it on.

Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2015 jaxs mom said: I don't order expecting to return something.

I don't either, but with QVC's size inconsistencies, even within the same item number but different colors, one can only hope that the item fits. I ordered 4 pairs of jeans, same item number, 4 colors, one fit, one I could put on without unzipping, one was tight, one I could not get past my knees.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am doing the same thing. Looking but not buying. Over the past few years, I've gotten annoyed with the fit issues for shoes and clothes and that is on QVC, not the consumer. Qhas just introduced some new "designers" in clothes & shoes, do I know how they will fit? Nope, not until I try them on - not even with the click here measurements, so I'm not going to take a chance.

Like the OP, I add the cost of shipping to the price of the item before I buy. Now I need to add that price PLUS the cost to return it if it doesn't fit me. No thanks, I have brick & mortar stores or other online options that provide free shipping & returns. I'll buy from them.