Esteemed Contributor

Interruptions for Countdowns

So tired of the hosts, just as the vendors are mid-stream in a comment about their product, getting all beside themselves needing to proclaim as if it was the end of the world, "Sorry to interrupt you but I just need to tell you that we are down to 1,600 in the red, 1,800 in the blue, 1,400 in the black and 1,500 in the yellow". Geez Louise! It's that urgent that it can't wait until the vendor finishes their sentence?

Honored Contributor

Re: Interruptions for Countdowns

I know. Everything is so urgent!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

drives me crazy, too.....so rude...

Super Contributor

Shaggy,

I agree~~it disrupts the "flow" of the presentation~~and I love when a "color" sells out, the host tell the model to quickly leave as if the studio were on fire!

Honored Contributor

It's ridiculous, pointless and annoying and further proof they think we're all morons, as though this is creating a sense of urgency... Unfortunately, they're all doing it, both here and on other shopping channels. Some ditz must've put together a list of 'host best practices' and this must've been on it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

And another thing, how many times do we need to know that the last time it was on the air the blue (or whatever) sold out? Seems we need to know that every 30 seconds.

Esteemed Contributor

Shannon Smith on HSN is famous for shouting: "Sorry to interrupt Wolfgang, but we only have 100 left for the entire country, that's 2 per state folks!" (Thanks for the lesson Shannon.) Others do something similar on Q too.

I can see them in the warehouse: these two are for New Mexico, these two are for Michigan, I have the Rhode Island two here, etc, etc.

Honored Contributor

To me, it's adequate for them to scroll the status of each color across the bottom of the screen like they sometimes do.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 blueLagoon said:

Shaggy,

I agree~~it disrupts the "flow" of the presentation~~and I love when a "color" sells out, the host tell the model to quickly leave as if the studio were on fire!

I agree. Also, when a heavy KA mixer or an entire set of TT sell out, they have to rush to take it off the table and waste time. Can't they just skip over it when they go over the colors for the millionth time!

Trusted Contributor

I agree that it can be annoying, and they certainly do it to drive sales, but if they were to stop, I can already imagine the posts we will see from people complaining that no one warned them that the color/size they wanted sold out.

As an earlier poster suggested, a crawl would b sufficient.