Respected Contributor
I ordered a Logo top in January. I liked the style but the color didn't look good on me. So the next day I sent it back. On the return slip I wrote exchange for black. 2 weeks later I checked thestatus and it was in processing for the same ccolor I returned! I called customer service to cancel and they said it couldn't be cancelled! Well yesterday the package arrived and sure enough it was the same size and color! This time I wrote a note I just hope they read it this time!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't rely on notes tucked into returns... I'd just return it for a credit or refund and place a separate order for the color I wanted.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
I totally agree with you, Stevie. My SO and I have both been disappointed, trying to do the Xchange thing, more than once, and it wasn't QVC. I think it's a widespread problem. I don't know if the processing centers are so busy, if their systems make it easy to miss the Xchange request, or what? It definitely seems more efficient, and much faster to reorder, and get a credit for the original item!
Honored Contributor

This was a problem at QVC even years ago. A few times I noted on the return slip that I wanted an exchange and all of a sudden I would get a refund and have to reorder if I still wanted the item and if it was still available. This happened to me a few times, so I started just doing a straight return and placing a new order. Got the item faster that way too.

Honored Contributor

What I do is reorder the correct item immediately and hold onto the original item until the second one shows up. Then I can decide if I want the original size or color if the reordered item has sold out. Sometimes I would rather have the wrong one than none at all, and sometimes its just not suitable.

Honored Contributor
I visualize QVC returns being processed by a machine. I doubt return invoices ever get read. Best to call CS and tell them your woes and wants.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 stevieb said:

Personally, I wouldn't rely on notes tucked into returns... I'd just return it for a credit or refund and place a separate order for the color I wanted.

That's what I do. I've had a number of exchanges not processed, so I stopped doing it with the return.
Honored Contributor

The only successful exchange I've had was years ago and it was handled by a phone call to CS... It was back in the days when QVC was a very different operation, and because the item was a Christmas present, they actually sent out the replacement item before I returned the original... Not only that, they told me, given the busy season, there was no rush to return the item as long as it was received by the end of the holiday gift return period... Yes, believe it or not, they used to do things like that for customers!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 2/13/2015 stevieb said:

I don't trust Q to process an exchange. I've always just returned one and ordered the other too.

Honored Contributor

I'd write on the outside of the box in BIG, black marker---exchange for the color ______. One more reason I don't buy anymore.