Esteemed Contributor

Dear Q - guess what I didn't buy today?

Dear QVC but I didn't buy any new clothes or shoes today because if I have to pay to have things shipped and to return items that may not fit because of Q's inconsistent sizing, I will buy where I can try the clothes on and not have to pay for the privilege of trying them on and then having to return them.

The reduced S&H for clothing has been offset by Q's raising the prices AND by the decision to no longer refund the original shipping & handling charge but of course the return label fees didn't go down to match whatever the shipping charge was for the item. Q figures they can make $ off their customers every which way they can.

Love it or return it? Nope, I don't think so. This is just a scam -- buyer beware!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dear Q - guess what I didn't buy today?

Their "new and improved" S&H policy went into effect more than a week ago, and judging by these threads, has gone over like a lead balloon. I hope that when the Q evaluates the effect this will have on their bottom line, they will correct this ill-advised decision. Let's hope they can find a way to do this and save face at the same time.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Wink They should not charge us anything for shipping and handling. But, should pay for the returns as they did before. I could dream right?

Valued Contributor

Gina .... I feel the same way .... actually I am now "gun-shy" to take a chance on any clothing item. This change in S&H policy will backfire on QVC's sales; however, their return percentages should diminish. As for inconsistent sizing, it is 90% of my returns. The increase in LOGO price points, especially, is dramatic .....so who do they think they're fooling :-)

Honored Contributor

Another huge Q mis-step (togather anyone...?) based on the apparent assumption that we're all dolts and that smoke and mirrors really does work... Higher prices, lower shipping (on some items...), but no refunds on shipping for things that are returned, and yet they keep pushing their oh-so-generous return policy, which really, is no different from almost any other retailer... Isn't it nice to be a valued customer...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Ok folks, I agree that shipping and handling charges on some things are too high. But as far as return charges on clothing because the sizing is inconsistent I see it this way. I go into a dressing room at a clothing store and try on clothes. Do you think everything fits me because I was a certain size in a particular piece. Nope. And it is because of my body shape, how I would like the piece to fit on me and to some extent whether the sizing is consistent across items. This is not just a QVC issue. For me it is a cra p shoot if I order a clothing item to see if it fits and if I like the way that it fits. This is not QVCs problem. It is mine. So I rarely order. But if I do and it doesn't fit then I think I should pay the return shipping. There are some stores that in conjunction with their credit plans offer free returns. For me those include llbean and Nordstrom. Check them out.
Regular Contributor

Yes it is a cra*p shoot, and my body is not the easiest to find clothes that I feel good in. But their pitch of helping us by lowering shipping, well not really helping as much as they want us to believe.

Respected Contributor

Consumers just need to shop. Not a thing I by online that I don't comparison shop for as well as check out reviews of the products. QVC is all about making you feel part of their family. They are all salesmen.
Esteemed Contributor

For the first time in I don't know how long I didn't buy a new piece of Linea because there were no measurements. AND I always try the newer lines here at the Q such as Joe Zee and Seth Aaron, but everything I wanted had no garment measurements.

No measurements, no sale. That simple.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I always shop around. There are so many online retailers that sell the exact same things offered by Q but for less (or have discount/promo code) and offer both free shipping and free returns. Why would I pay shipping if I can get it elsewhere for free? Why pay Q's price when you can get 20% or more off at another online retailer?