Regular Contributor

Why do the hosts purchase on the air?

I know that having the hosts purchase an item while on the air is a scheme to get us to feel as the items will sell out, but it is really rude. I think that Antoinella is great, but just having her do that a few minutes ago was weird. They see the items prior to going on the air and she can purchase the item at that time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do the hosts purchase on the air?

Everything that's said and done is carefully thought out to get us to spend as much money as possible. That's good marketing.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

sales tactic

Trusted Contributor

It is a sales gimmick -- and it works (otherwise, they would not do it). Remember these are sales people hawking products -- not friends carrying on person conversations with us.

Esteemed Contributor

that is just another sales tactic. See I love this so much I WANT to buy it, too.

Baloney.

Honored Contributor

Wish they'd show her ordering over the phone. They could bleep-out her credit card number.

Honored Contributor

It's a sales gimmick. They are trying to get you to buy it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's always a "gimmick" ....... a LOT of clothes just don't have much "hanger appeal". {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

When you see something on the models, it can look a lot better ..... and perhaps they suddenly decide they like it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The reason I think this is because a host ordering on air has never influenced my buying decisions. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

Do you really think a host would give a co-worker his/her credit card info and PIN number? Would you? I always loved my fellow employees but no, I wouldn't share my credit info.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The hosts review all the products that they are going to show back stage before they go on the air. That business about getting someone to order something for them while they are presenting is just a marketing ploy.