Super Contributor

I don't need a calendar! I know it's the weekend :(

When a laptop or vacuum show up on page one. I don't even bother to check the TSV on the weekends. And of course hand in hand, peas and carrots, you know what the programming will be about on the weekends!! Note: please don't tell me to change the channel, I already don't watch because..... I already have a laptop and vacuum and a bed. My question: how many people out there watch QVC who need a laptop every weekend??
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I don't need a calendar! I know it's the weekend :(

There must be a big enough demand for the Q to give them so much air time....boring to us...but not for others...

Honored Contributor

OP, you're so right... Every weekend it's just one vast wasteland. One prevailing theory seems to be that they're as much in the business of selling airtime to these companies as they are of selling merchandise directly to customers... Another prevailing theory is that it must be working or they'd change... I guess the latter depends on what one considers to be 'working' and for whom. From the point of view of a potential viewer or customer, I can only say it isn't working for me... So no, like you, I don't watch... I don't see how they couldn't have fully saturated their market by now with the same sorts of merchandise shown week in and week out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Hello, luvingit. Smile

I posted that as a question once on this board, "why are computers sold on the weekends on QVC?"

I was told that it's because usually husbands are home on the weekend. And since a laptop is usually expensive, it's a decision that both the husband and wife can make together to buy it if they want.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, luvingit. Smile

I posted that as a question once on this board, "why are computers sold on the weekends on QVC?"

I was told that it's because usually husbands are home on the weekend. And since a laptop is usually expensive, it's a decision that both the husband and wife can make together to buy it if they want.

Personally, I pretty much think that's a crock... Most folks are home in the evenings too... And not everyone shopping here is part of a couple, but even buying into the premise that the little woman has to discuss buying a computer with her man..., do they really need six plus hours of the same product presented to move the goods...?! Besides, the weekend overkill so often also involves expensive blenders and vacuums and I doubt there are huge numbers of men particularly interested in shopping for those items...

Honored Contributor

Hello, luvingit. Smile

Was your question answered by just another QVC viewer or someone from the Q Team????

Well if either one of the couple knew anything about computers/tablets they wouldn't be buying it from QVC.....I've read numerous complaints about those that made the purchases on how the computer did not perform like they expected....one was rather funny because they mentioned a touch screen on air demo, yet the computer they purchased didn't have that feature {#emotions_dlg.laugh}....and things the tablet they had purchase did not include the features they expected and all the things they couldn't do with the item purchased from QVC. ......and there are quite a few consumer websites complaining about their QVC computer purchases......If I was making that kind of purchase I would certainly shop locally and have the opportunity to receive LOCAL tech support too....And according to their quarterly reports electronics and jewelry sales declined.....yet they continue to show them....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 SPURT said:

Hello, luvingit. Smile

Was your question answered by just another QVC viewer or someone from the Q Team????

Well if either one of the couple knew anything about computers/tablets they wouldn't be buying it from QVC.....I've read numerous complaints about those that made the purchases on how the computer did not perform like they expected....one was rather funny because they mentioned a touch screen on air demo, yet the computer they purchased didn't have that feature {#emotions_dlg.laugh}....and things the tablet they had purchase did not include the features they expected and all the things they couldn't do with the item purchased from QVC. ......and there are quite a few consumer websites complaining about their QVC computer purchases......If I was making that kind of purchase I would certainly shop locally and have the opportunity to receive LOCAL tech support too....And according to their quarterly reports electronics and jewelry sales declined.....yet they continue to show them....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I wouldn't dream of buying electronics from Q. Go to Apple or an Apple store. Go directly to Dell or HP. Shop local. You'll find the most recent models and get a better deal.

Honored Contributor

Weekends are the worst. I never watch the Q on the weekend anymore.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/24/2015 SPURT said:

Hello, luvingit. Smile

I wouldn't dream of buying electronics from Q. Go to Apple or an Apple store. Go directly to Dell or HP. Shop local. You'll find the most recent models and get a better deal.

Agree... My 'big ticket' purchases are not typically made via home shopping...

Super Contributor

ITA with that! I don't watch on the weekends.