Contributor

Packages held up in limbo-land

For my second order in less than 7 days, UPS tracking says it has no delivery information. QVC says the item shipped 1/21. On 1/23, UPS says "Huh?"

When this happened last week, I queried Customer Service and got this response: "Your package should arrived on Jan. X." No explanation.

What's going on with shipment tracking?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Packages held up in limbo-land

the packages go from hand to hand its any wonder everything doesn't get lost...what a dumb way of shipping....

Honored Contributor

The carrier updates, or doesn't update, the tracking.
Honored Contributor

Tracking is the responsibility of the carrier, not QVC. It is often very casual; with the USPS it's practically non-existent. With UPS sometimes things just don't get scanned. It's best to not check it and just wait until a package appears at your door. You can sign up with UPS to be notified when a delivery is eminent.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hello, Arizona CR and welcome. Smile

Try contacting UPS about this. Maybe they can tell you what's going on.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Here's the way it goes - UPS has no information yet because they don't actually HAVE the parcel yet. QVC processes the shipment in their system, thereby giving it a tracking number.

Then QVC marks it 'shipped' so that they can collect the funds. But, again, the package has not yet actually gone to UPS. So you see that bogus 'tracking' info when you look up the tracking number.

Until UPS actually gets the parcel you will not see any movement in the tracking information. Once UPS gets the parcel, you will see the actual point of origin and movement. Until such time UPS won't have any information about the parcel, since it's still going through QVC processing. The original info with, often a NC location or another one I cannot remember right now, is just the processing center where they have assigned the tracking number.

I can almost visualize a big belt where the order goes through processing and gets assigned a tracking number, the invoice printed, then the items are 'picked' from the warehouse shelf and go on the belt with the invoice. Then it goes to packing, shipping label printed and attached, and at some point it leaves the building with other orders.

The bottom line is that from the time they tell you it has shipped until the time it ACT
UALLY does ship is usually 3-5 days, except with perishable food items. So, there's 3-5 days when it shows 'in process' and then ANOTHER 3-5 days after it changes to 'shipped' and when it actually does ship. Of course there are exceptions but this is what I find to be the basic rule of thumb with QVC orders.

Honored Contributor

Try another rep in CS. Some of the newer ones are not as well trained.