Honored Contributor

David just said he thinks $100 per gram for gold is a good deal. Hello? Gold has come down 30% or more and $100 is overpriced.

I found an excellent online retailer who sells 10k, 14k, and 18k. The 14k runs anywhere from $48 to $75 per gram depending on the complexity of the piece.

David, you need to broaden your horizon on the price of gold!

Honored Contributor

Re: David, stop saying that!

Most customers are smart and know what a good gold price is and isn't.

Honored Contributor

David M. should start a comedy routine......I think these sellers pulled the wool over his eyes.... Some ""buying power"" that QVC has.....

There is more to the world of jewelry than Italy and Turkey explore the big wide world David like the other channels do....there are other countries and other designers out there. And then he says he goes to the malls to see what they are offering....I think you need to CHANGE THE CHANNEL and see what Shop HQ and JTV are offering .....

And come on QVC $9.72 to ship a ring.....and almost $8 to ship a necklace that was a simple chain.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Who is David?
Trusted Contributor

We get it. You think QVC jewelry is overpriced and the variety lacking. Great -- so shop elsewhere. QVC cannot be all things for all people, and to expect someone selling on QVC to do anything other than say that the selection is good and the price a good value is silly.

As with everything else, the only solution to dealing with QVC's high prices or lack of variety is to shop elsewhere. Money is the only thing that speaks to QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Most customers are smart and know what a good gold price is and isn't.

I can't help but wonder that, while SOME of us clearly know what prices should be, MOST probably don't.

They believe the hype and jump in. As you can see, they will jump to the defense of a retailer selling for high prices and make like the person trying to advise is the 'bad guy'.

Because of this, they seem to be pretty successful at selling inferior jewelry for crazy high prices. A fool and his money ... etc. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 KYToby said:

We get it. You think QVC jewelry is overpriced and the variety lacking. Great -- so shop elsewhere. QVC cannot be all things for all people, and to expect someone selling on QVC to do anything other than say that the selection is good and the price a good value is silly.

As with everything else, the only solution to dealing with QVC's high prices or lack of variety is to shop elsewhere. Money is the only thing that speaks to QVC.

Head cheerleader?

Honored Contributor

Who is David?
Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Tissyanne said: Who is David?

David Markstein. he is the gold buyer at the Q.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 KYToby said:

Shopping elsewhere is always an option and I'd guess many of us are doing just that... Still, that doesn't preclude calling out their on-air personnel when they're flat out wrong. And once again, this board is called The Q Did What. It's for the express purpose of registering concerns and complaints.

As for the variety, other than the continued overemphasis on Sleeping Beauty turquoise, (OMG... the mine is closed... who'd have EVER known...), I've been pleased with the beautiful array of jewelry shown today. Sure, I'd like to have seen more diverse gemstones, but I personally think the gold jewelry shown today was gorgeous and a nice mix.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...