Esteemed Contributor

QVC's Online Chat - Is my experience typical?

I never used QVC online chat until a few days ago, and then again today. Both experiences were not very good, and I'm wondering if this is typical.

I had a simple question re an order I was attempting to place online. The first rep kept asking which error message I was getting, and I kept telling her I wasn't getting an error message - I just needed assistance placing an order. She finally understood, but then proceeded to over-complicate the whole thing. After going round & round with her and getting nowhere, I decided not to order. I thanked her, she asked if there was anything else she could help me with, and I told her no, have a great night. At least she was polite, but it was frustrating and I wish she had been knowledgeable enough to help me.

Today I tried again. This rep was a little curt right from the start, and abruptly ended our chat after less than a minute. I had an additional question, and was surprised that there was no, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" or "Have a nice day" or "Thanks for contacting QVC" before she terminated our chat. I was just about to type in another question, and I saw, "bye", and she was gone. She had no reason to think my problem had been resolved, so it came across as really rude. I do online chats with other companies all the time, and this has not been my experience with any of them at all.

I haven't ordered from QVC in a very long time, and this is not making me inclined to give them my business. Those of you who have done these online chats with QVC: Is this typical?

(And to those who are prepared to jump all over me: Yes, I realize this is not the biggest problem in the world. I am going thru quite a lot of personal turmoil right now, and I don't need to be reminded that there are bigger things to worry about. Believe me, I get that. This is also not a bashing of QVC. I'm simply sharing my experience and asking if this is typical. TIA to all who respond.)

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC's Online Chat - Is my experience typical?

I had one online chat a while back. The person could not answer my question, but was extremely polite. I decided calling cs from then on to resolve any problems.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/17/2015 Justice4all said: I had one online chat a while back. The person could not answer my question, but was extremely polite. I decided calling cs from then on to resolve any problems.

I usually do call CS when I have issues/problems with any company. I always prefer an actual conversation. But I have severe laryngitis right now and I'm unable to talk on the phone so I thought chat was a good option.

The person you got sounds like the first one I spoke to! I appreciate your response - Thanks!

Respected Contributor

The last time I called cs I had pharyngitis. I was over the worst laryngitis part. I empathize!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/17/2015 Justice4all said: The last time I called cs I had pharyngitis. I was over the worst laryngitis part. I empathize!

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

I've never had a good online chat with any company. In general I find the people poorly trained and very slow typists. Its so easy to call C.S. 800-367-9444, those people are on the ball. And if you are just placing an order call the number on the TV screen, the 1515 one, to get a live person. Very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/19/2015 depglass said:

I've never had a good online chat with any company. In general I find the people poorly trained and very slow typists. Its so easy to call C.S. 800-367-9444, those people are on the ball. And if you are just placing an order call the number on the TV screen, the 1515 one, to get a live person. Very helpful.

I actually have had some very good online chat experiences with other companies. Sometimes, when people are multi-tasking, online chats can be very efficient and helpful. I also use chat when phone lines are overly busy. I never had a negative experience with a chat until I tried it with QVC.

It's always my first choice to call, though. But as I said above, I currently have severe laryngitis. So it's not always "so easy" to call! And I think if a company offers online chat, then consumers have every right to expect decent CS if they choose that option.

Honored Contributor

I've not used it often and while reasonably pleasant, my issues could be only partially addressed. I ended up having to call, which was precisely what I'd hope not to have to do. I find most on-line chats helpful and usually pleasant, though some are of limited utility, as was my experience here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/19/2015 stevieb said:

I've not used it often and while reasonably pleasant, my issues could be only partially addressed. I ended up having to call, which was precisely what I'd hope not to have to do. I find most on-line chats helpful and usually pleasant, though some are of limited utility, as was my experience here.

I think I'll avoid QVC chat in the future. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I didn't know there was a live chat, where is it

I like to use them when I can