Valued Contributor

Yet ANOTHER Dyson Sunday - is the Q not listening?

Another weekend day full of Dyson. It seems SO MANY of us constantly rant about the horrible, same old same old weekend programming but yet the Q continues. For those of us who work 5 days a week, COULDN'T THE Q PLEASE HAVE SOME OF THESE VACUUM CLEANER, COMPUTER, ETC. DAYS on Monday through Friday, and let us have at least occasional weekends for jewelry and clothing? I am looking forward to the Beauty shows this Saturday, but plan to go do local shopping at the malls on Sunday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yet ANOTHER Dyson Sunday - is the Q not listening?

I will never buy a Dyson, there are other shopping channels with better programing this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

The sheer number of vacuums sold and profits made speak louder than complaints on message boards. The fact is that until the sales (and subsequent profits) decline, QVC will continue to heavily market these items.

The solution is to watch other channels or do other things because as a retailer, QVC is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think the Q is doing exactly what they're supposed to do... It seems that offering their customers a better variety and mix of products leading to greater customer satisfaction might be a valid long-term approach for any forward-thinking retailer. Continuing to market the same items until they reach the point of diminishing returns seems rather short sighted and, in the process, drives a certain number of customers away... Personally grandma, I agree with you and it goes without saying that I won't be watching YET again this weekend... I haven't watched QVC since gem day and see nothing on the horizon that's likely to change that. And I'm not looking forward to still more 'beauty' either... I do have to agree that viewing and shopping represent a selection process and we always have the option of not doing either here. I'm exercising that option, though I can't imagine customers making that choice would be part of any retail entity's roster of corporate goals.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

LOL, I think they're listening to people with the money, not whiners on the board.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Incidentally, if it's jewelry you want to watch, hop on over to ShopHQ... They're featuring lots of it this weekend and have been all week... It's nice that they offer it on weekends when everyone can watch, too! They've also been offering some interesting home decor items, YET something else rarely seen here, and nary a vinyl ottoman, too-cute bauble, throw, bottle of poo-pourri, blanket or piece of mercury glass in sight!

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 debc said:

LOL, I think they're listening to people with the money, not whiners on the board.

LOL... if they were smart they'd be checking the order history of some of us "whiners" on the boards... They might just learn there's money to be spent. Just not here... on a Dyson... And incidentally, no whine or cheese, thanks...

Wink

Valued Contributor

On 1/16/2015 stevieb said:

No, I don't think the Q is doing exactly what they're supposed to do... It seems that offering their customers a better variety and mix of products leading to greater customer satisfaction might be a valid long-term approach for any forward-thinking retailer. Continuing to market the same items until they reach the point of diminishing returns seems rather short sighted and, in the process, drives a certain number of customers away... Personally grandma, I agree with you and it goes without saying that I won't be watching YET again this weekend... I haven't watched QVC since gem day and see nothing on the horizon that's likely to change that. And I'm not looking forward to still more 'beauty' either... I do have to agree that viewing and shopping represent a selection process and we always have the option of not doing either here. I'm exercising that option, though I can't imagine customers making that choice would be part of any retail entity's roster of corporate goals.

stevie, the entire last half hour of ITKWD on Sunday was dedicated to KIND bars. Now, really, how much can one say about fruit and nut bars??!! I did not watch it, but saw it as I was flipping channels. This, to me, is a new trend at QVC, something the southern channel has done for a while, beat the TSV to death for a half hour or longer, even multiple times during a long show like a 3-4 hour ITKWD.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 1/16/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/16/2015 debc said:

LOL... if they were smart they'd be checking the order history of some of us "whiners" on the boards... They might just learn there's money to be spent. Just not here... on a Dyson... And incidentally, no whine or cheese, thanks...

Wink

The only things I bought last year were the Valerie wreaths for my dog vet's office and for my elderly aunt in Maryland, and the Mrs. Prindable TSV apples for gifts. This year I bought a sterling amber ring on lunchtime specials and the George Stella cookbook pair. I don't anticipate buying anything this year other than the wreaths again - they are on auto-delivery. Nothing interests me any more, I used to like watching Silver Style, and the kitchen shows, but am sick of Temp-tations, FoodSaver, over-priced food items, choppers, Keurig, IMTAB, Temp-tations, can openers, etc. I don't mind Lock n Lock but I don't need any more plastic containers!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

What amazes me about ALL of these vacuum TSV's is....how many people have carpeting out there?? I bought a Kirby 20 years ago when I first bought my house, and carpet was common.

That same Kirby works like the day I bought it. I have hardwood floors throughout, so I take my vacuum out occasionally to vacuum the area rugs downstairs. I sweep/Swiffer the floors a few times a day (dog, 2cats).

I guess a lot more people have carpeting than I thought, but if you buy a good quality vacuum in the 1st place why would you need to replace it? It should last.

The only thing I've seen on QVC that I might be interested in is that floor steamer. That looks pretty good at cleaning.