Esteemed Contributor
I was away during the holidays and turned on QVC this morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. There was a Makowski handbag sale going on. I noticed that the QVC price was not shown. Rather, some bogus estimated retail value was displayed, making the so-called clearance price look miraculous. I find this practice highly deceptive and won't succumb to this obvious marketing ploy. Come on, QVC, please don't treat your customers as if they were !d!ots.
Valued Contributor

Just one more reason I don't shop QVC any more.

I have to really want something to buy here!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Respected Contributor
I've noticed that too and agree that it is deceptive. My trust in QVC has been completely eroded due to their tactics.
Respected Contributor

We are treated as idiots in oh so many ways, not just the pricing.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

same goes for the videos that don't show the amounts....

Trusted Contributor

I do not see this as sneaky or deceptive. You know what the product is and the price you will pay. How is this sneaky or deceptive?

Of course, if you will not "fall" for it here, I can only assume that you refuse to shop at Macy's, Kohl's, and Bed Bath & Beyond -- all of which have similar practices.

Honored Contributor

This is just one example of the reason I seldom buy from QVC these days. I used to buy several times a month, now I might have one or two purchases a year. When I started watching the Q, one of their standards was offering an item at a certain price and guaranteeing the price would never go up -- they would discontinue an item if it became more costly. (I realize that could be an untenable policy, but I admired their integrity.) Also, their s&h was reasonable, products genuinely were reliable quality, clearance prices were good, customer service was top notch, and shipping was fast and efficient and you knew you really would get unused, undamaged merchandise,. And they had variety -- imagine that...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Step by step, they've lost credibility. I don't trust the company now. Perhaps they don't care about those of us who know what's changed and they hope new customers won't be the wiser.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/3/2015 KYToby said:

I do not see this as sneaky or deceptive. You know what the product is and the price you will pay. How is this sneaky or deceptive?

Of course, if you will not "fall" for it here, I can only assume that you refuse to shop at Macy's, Kohl's, and Bed Bath & Beyond -- all of which have similar practices.

You are not understanding the problem. It's definitely a deceptive practice and one that started a couple months ago. I've never seen that done at the Q or anywhere else in merchandise. It's deceptive, sneaky, snarky and a terrible thing to do.

Respected Contributor
It is deceptive because the QVC price is not the msrp price. So, when they show the msrp price and tell you the clearance price is a certain percentage of that, they are trying to make it seem like you are saving more than you actually are. You may only be saving 30 dollars from the original QVC price, but then they are showing the msrp price, which may be 75 dollars more and they crow that you are paying 75 dollars less, rather than the 30 dollars, which is the truth.
Honored Contributor

Vivian you make an EXCELLENT point, QVC should show what the ORIGINAL QVC price was and not just some retail value (and since retail price can vary---which retail from what part of the country are they using anyway).

I know other retailers have their own systems and their own set of codes....but just because others do it, does it mean that QVC has to follow suit, why can't QVC, like the OP is asking for, show some honesty and integrity.... The excuse that some have used sounds like a little kid saying, "but mom everyone else is doing it" OR in the adult translation, just because one retailer is being deceptive is that an excuse for all to follow suit........{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”