Contributor

Check with your shipper directly! as QVC lies!

I ordered a couple of items for "guaranteed" delivery by 12/24/2014 and when I checked the UPS site it said delivery will be 12/29/2014 - not so with Target/Walmart/HSN so it is npt UPS's fault !!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Check with your shipper directly! as QVC lies!

And we're off to the races... The "I ordered too late and now QVC has ruined my Christmas" posts will soon be in full swing...

I don't know if they lie or not, but they really ought to rethink their Christmas delivery "guarantee" because this surfaces every year. Back in the day, I did once wait until very late to order an item and they still got it to me late on Christmas Eve... Since then, if I plan to order for Christmas gifting, I, myself, set a deadline of no fewer than ten business days out... I'll be ordering a scarf today, but it's for me and so there's no rush on its arrival...

Be curious to see if all the various EDD's pan out...

Good luck...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think they just say what they're told to say, so it might not be outright lying. Meanwhile, their order processing takes eons longer than any other retailer I know of so that's where the problem lies.

Once you get the 'your order shipped' email from QVC, it's usually still 3-5 days (except for perishable food items) before it ACTUALLY ships. I'd like to think that people know that by now but maybe not.

As for their 'guarantee' - it's NOT a guarantee, because a guarantee is two-sided. Their 'guarantee' is that either you get it by 'x' date - or you don't. period.

Trusted Contributor

The funny thing is there are posters at HSN making the same complaint -- while praising QVC.

To the OP, my thought is lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on QVC's paer -- or sympathy on mine.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh God here we go. The beginning of the QVC ruined my Christmas rants. I thought that we at least had till after Christmas before the madness began.

Honored Contributor

I would never rely on the Q or any one to guarantee delivery a week before xmas.

, just do your shopping 14 days before xmas and you won't have a problem.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, for Pete's sake. If you order Christmas gifts too late in the season, it's a krap-shoot whether they'll be delivered on time or not, regardless of who you order from! I ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon with "two day delivery" and have received estimated delivery dates after Christmas on some of it. However, some of the items are coming in ahead of the estimated date, so it's hard to tell. All of us need to know: During the holidays, sellers (not just QVC), the post office, and delivery services are all SLAMMED. They do the best they can, I believe, but if you order late you're taking a chance.

Hope you get your stuff on time.

Valued Contributor

On 12/21/2014 icezeus said:

Oh God here we go. The beginning of the QVC ruined my Christmas rants. I thought that we at least had till after Christmas before the madness began.

"And you could be more immaculate with the name of God." - Carl Sandburg, "Little Bird"

Esteemed Contributor

Zita, I think you should mind your own. The last time I checked I was on the QVC board in in the "Q" talk section.

I am not in church. Perhaps you should turn the finger around and look at yourself from some of the comments that I have read that you have made, about other people.

Merry Christmas.

Super Contributor

I ordered a sweater on the 19th and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Great service. It wasn't something I needed for Christmas but it's nice to get it so fast anyway.