Honored Contributor

A FUNNY STORY---THIS MUST BE WHO QVC IS TARGETING FOR THEIR "GIFT" SELECTION!

I have to share a story (paraphrased to keep it simple) .....It's just so darn funny....and see if it reminds you of some of the QVC host's gift suggestions.....LOL.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It all starts out with a 10 year old girl and parents who unfortunately never know what to give their daughter for Christmas. Why the young girl even reminisced over past Christmas's where she went to the store and selected her own gifts and the parents only dilemma was selecting the wrapping paper.

One year the mom excitedly told their daughter, "You are going to LOVE what Dad and I got you for Christmas".....She asked for a clue, but her mom's response was, "No, you will have to wait"....The daughter was so excited....visions of the Barbie Dream House came into mind. Why she even told Barbie and Ken that they would no longer have to live the Kleenex box she had made into a home ....she knew the Dream House would soon be theirs!!!!

The big day came and the young girl unwrapped all her Christmas gifts.....all except "the one" , "the special one"......Her dad handed her a present and said, "You can open it now"......the box was smaller than a shoe box....sorry Barbie no Dream House.......What was the PRIZED present that she heard about for weeks....none other than.....(drum roll please).... A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!! That's right....A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!! The parents beamed with pride...."we knew you needed something to keep you safe in your basement bedroom", the dad said. Confusion and disappointment flooded the poor child......

While other kids in the neighborhood rode their shiny new bikes, played with their toys, or walked their new puppy, the little girl and her dad practiced fire repelling techniques!!!!

Now folks....I know that fire extinguishers have their place and perhaps purchased by a family for fire safety along with things like a first aid kit are necessities to have on hand, BUT to give it to a 10 year old girl....as a gift....and a CHRISTMAS gift no less....a FIRE EXTINGUISHER that is just OUTRAGEOUS!!!!Why even underwear is a more welcomed gift!!!

So folks when you hear the QVC hosts feverishly hawking everything from callous removers, to epilators, to mops you know that there are sadly people who are out there that would buy anything and everything as actual Christmas presents.....and it appears that is QVC's target audience based on this year's gift options!!!!

What I fear in sharing this story, is that someone in QVC's buying department is already planning a presentation of fire extinguishers in fashion colors, floral and animal prints for next season....{#emotions_dlg.glare} I can hear parents now....should we get Jane the pink or the leopard print one....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: A FUNNY STORY---THIS MUST BE WHO QVC IS TARGETING FOR THEIR ""GIFT"" SELECTION!

These parents are DEFINITELY QVC regulars... Can anyone imagine any child LOVING a fire extinguisher...? No... Absolutely NO. Not any more than you or I would LOVE a mop... But yes, I can see the hosts going into orbit now as they try to promote sales of said fire extinguisher to every conceivable giftee in the known universe and beyond... I must insist, though, do make mine the Pantone color of the year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A FUNNY STORY---THIS MUST BE WHO QVC IS TARGETING FOR THEIR ""GIFT"" SELECTION!

Well, I for one need a new fire extinguisher... hopefully they come in a range of sizes as well as fashion colors, because I would like one larger than the one I have (just to be on the safe side).{#emotions_dlg.blink} QVC is SO innovative, I'm sure this will be a new best seller!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I have a lovely blue and yellow antique quilt in a spare bedroom, with white glass globe lamps handpainted with blue and yellow flowers on a beautiful old oak dresser! So I will definitely be asking Santa to bring my new fire extinguisher in yellow, blue and white. It would match my decor quite nicely, thank you very much! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

You're not going to believe this, but....I actually received a fire extinguisher for Christmas one year. Yep...I really did. I just said to the gift giver, "thank you very much for caring so much about my personal safety. Very thoughtful". I was really surprised about that gift! {#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I'm not going to post this over on the thread about the worst Christmas gift you've ever received, because I've honestly received worse. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I hope Q buyers aren't reading this thread.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

I understand the Q is working with Whirly as we speak to design a whole range of fire extinguisher covers, made of flame-retardant liquid knit...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 stevieb said:

I understand the Q is working with Whirly as we speak to design a whole range of fire extinguisher covers, made of flame-retardant liquid knit...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Stevie, if I said I like liquid knit, would you threaten to call the men in the white coats? I like to play with my Flashpad while wearing my liquid knit!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 kittymomNC said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Stevie, if I said I like liquid knit, would you threaten to call the men in the white coats? I like to play with my Flashpad while wearing my liquid knit!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You know, I've asked you before to PLEASE not divulge too much... As I've mentioned, in the spirit of the season, we'd like to avoid the forced, uh, 'observation' period... but you know, it's almost like you're ASKING for it! Now honestly, if you want to spend Christmas AT home instead at THE home, you'll button it!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 kittymomNC said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You know, I've asked you before to PLEASE not divulge too much... As I've mentioned, in the spirit of the season, we'd like to avoid the forced, uh, 'observation' period... but you know, it's almost like you're ASKING for it! Now honestly, if you want to spend Christmas AT home instead at THE home, you'll button it!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

It's really the IDEAL gift...fits handily into the gift closet, even lots of them. Good for men or women, home owners or renters, even auto owners. In decorator colors and designs will enhance any decor or jazz up the garage. You don't need to know a size or style preference. Can be used inside or out, any time of year, day or night. What a wonderful, versatile gift idea!

Decorator Colors. Just need to week for animal prints.

photo imagejpg1-85.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Kachina624 said:

It's really the IDEAL gift...fits handily into the gift closet, even lots of them. Good for men or women, home owners or renters, even auto owners. In decorator colors and designs will enhance any decor or jazz up the garage. You don't need to know a size or style preference. Can be used inside or out, any time of year, day or night. What a wonderful, versatile gift idea!

Decorator Colors. Just need to week for animal prints.

photo imagejpg1-85.jpg

LOL.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}for myself, I'm waiting for it to come out in leopard print....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”