Honored Contributor

I signed up to receive the Q's emails because I want the emails showing me the preview of coming TSVs. It was great until about the end of Sept and since then (started slowly) I have been GLUTTED with emails about EVERYTHING... Don't Miss This! Don't Let this one Slip Away! Emails about EZ Pay, about beds, jewelry, computers... I get them right to my iPhone and I'm deleting these emails all day long!!

It's TOO MUCH! I'd cancel this feature but as I said I want the TSV Preview emails so I guess I have to put up with it.... but QVC has to understand that these emails really don't get most moving to buy buy buy.... they (except the TSV preview) are just annoying.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

It's been worse than ever the last few weeks! I think what bothered me the most was that I never signed up for any of the emails, anyway. So I went in and unsubscribed. I think you can go in and uncheck the ones you don't want.

After I unsubscribed I started getting even more but, finally, it seems to have slowed down. I'm not subscribed to ANY of them now. But I have to say that I really don't like that they subscribed me to them without my permission, initially. At first it was just for product categories that I had purchased most and I was ok with that. But then it became about everything and I was getting quite a few of them each day.

Honored Contributor
On 12/19/2014 chickenbutt said:

It's been worse than ever the last few weeks! I think what bothered me the most was that I never signed up for any of the emails, anyway. So I went in and unsubscribed. I think you can go in and uncheck the ones you don't want.

After I unsubscribed I started getting even more but, finally, it seems to have slowed down. I'm not subscribed to ANY of them now. But I have to say that I really don't like that they subscribed me to them without my permission, initially. At first it was just for product categories that I had purchased most and I was ok with that. But then it became about everything and I was getting quite a few of them each day.

That's all right, because they unsubscribed me without mine... Even once I re-upped, I still don't seem to get the ones I want, which are the advance order previews... As it turns out, they offer so little I want these days that I don't really miss even these.

All this said, I haven't been as inundated by QVC as it sounds like some of you have been... But in fairness, it isn't just QVC... My inbox has been deluged now for months by daily and often multiple daily emails sent me by any number of entities, and HSN, Pier One, Amazon, the Gap (and their affiliates, like Old Navy) and Overstock are among the worst offenders. Moreover, most of HSN's emails don't even really say or show anything, but are just links to their website... I thought about going to each of these sites and many more and unsubscribing until after Christmas, but decided it was just easier to delete the emails than it would be to go back and subscribe again after the insanity ends... I'm also thinking of switching my primary email over to Gmail, which sends all 'promotional' emails to their own folder, which is fabulous...

Hohoho... Happy Retail...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hi chickenbutt! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} ITA. In fact I just received the latest email, so I clicked 'unsubscribe' - got a message that it will take TEN DAYS to unsubscribe me? Whaaa?

Honored Contributor
On 12/19/2014 MJ 12 said:

Hi chickenbutt! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} ITA. In fact I just received the latest email, so I clicked 'unsubscribe' - got a message that it will take TEN DAYS to unsubscribe me? Whaaa?

Well, you see, it's handled by their shipping and handling department...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Seriously and in fairness, my little crack about S/H was said in jest, because I have to hand it to them. I think they did a good job and got things our really pretty quickly these past few weeks...

Esteemed Contributor

its Holiday time and every company I have ever dealt with has been sending me e-mails...but I just hit delete....no big deal to me...sometimes one or two of them is something I might be interested in....and we all know that after the Holidays...our e-mails will go back to normal...mine has even started to slow down now....

Honored Contributor

I'd rather get them than not get them. Mostly, I just quickly delete them without opening them.