Super Contributor

Raised the Price of Isaac's Watches Right Before Christmas

At the beginning of last week, his most popular ceramic watch (J158222) went from $118.50 all the way up to $144.00.

A popular stainless steel watch of his (J293831) went from $79.68 up to $83.64 at the same time.

QVC......Quality, Volume, and Cunning...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Raised the Price of Isaac's Watches Right Before Christmas

I guess it means people should not wait until the last minute.

Esteemed Contributor

If it was at the "Featured Price" in previous offerings, that's for a limited time when an item first comes out, and they can take it away at any time and put it back to the QVC price. That might be what happened... of course, even if it is, it wasn't very nice to do it right before Christmas. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Regular Contributor

On 12/17/2014 KYToby said:

What a snarky comment. The OP did not indicate this was a Christmas gift so the "waiting until the last minute" comment is irrelevant. Q's ever changing prices are a big reason I am rethinking any future purchases. Usually, however, pricing on things I have purchased tend to drop after my purchase. If you like proprietary lines, you are at their mercy but how on earth am I seeing new product, which obviously came from Q, on the Bay for so much less?

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 KYToby said:

Always a warm and fuzzy, huh, KY... And heaven only knows, we can always count on him to defend the Q, no matter what...

As for the price increases, yea, I'm sure Ebenezer is very, very proud of the mighty Q and, well, God bless us every one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Badwolf, thanks for the Bay idea. Yes, they are selling cheaper on the Bay now (the ceramic ones).

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 AnotherView2 said:

At the beginning of last week, his most popular ceramic watch (J158222) went from $118.50 all the way up to $144.00.

A popular stainless steel watch of his (J293831) went from $79.68 up to $83.64 at the same time.

QVC......Quality, Volume, and Cunning...

Not so sure anymore they even deserve to keep the 'quality'...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This ceramic watch was a $99 TSV about two years ago ........ and the price was at $107 for quite some time ......... and then it went to $118 ......... and now is $131 .... did they drop the price?

Sheesh.

Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

This ceramic watch was a $99 TSV about two years ago ........ and the price was at $107 for quite some time ......... and then it went to $118 ......... and now is $131 .... did they drop the price?

Sheesh. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Yes. Ceramic watch J158222 went from the high of $144.00 down to $131.00 now.

I wound up on the 19th buying 2 of them "as is" from the Q for $68.96 each. Happened to hit the timing just right and got both a taupe and a Nantucket blue in stock, both average sized.

I bought a customer return one of these before in Chocolate and it was in new condition and came in its original box, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read a business article about how internet retailers including Amazon and HSN will use real time marketing data to raise and lower prices on items depending on the demand for an item. I will guess that the watch price increased when QVC offered easy pays. It's like a crazy roller coaster ride! Here is the link for the AP article via KOMO news:

http://www.komonews.com/news/tech/Constantly-changing-online-prices-stump-shoppers-286260171.html