Honored Contributor

Really disappointed in how QVC handled my Luminara issue that was suppose to be a gift for someone for Christmas.

I just have to say how disappointed I am in how QVC handled this whole issue. I ordered two of the Luminara 360 degree duos for a gift for my mom for Christmas. It arrived last week and I decided to put in batteries in them for her and test it out to make sure they were okay. Well, when I pulled out one of the 5x7 candles from the box, the plastic inner casing fell out onto the floor. Apparently they glue the plastic casing to the wax outer part and this was poorly done on this one.

When I contacted Customer service on the 12th, they told me that too bad, I will have to send my set back then wait for a new set to be sent out which she told me meant it will not arrive in time for Christmas. I told them this was suppose to be a present for Christmas so can't we expedite the process so I make sure I get the replacement by Christmas? She said no and I am out of luck. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. The best they would do for me is "try" to get a replacement of the 5x7 sent out to me but I have to give them 7 days. If they can't find a replacement, they will call me by the 7th day and then let me know at that time "what other options" I have.

Regardless of how you slice it, I will not be getting this present for my mom by Christmas. They are actually coming to visit for the week and I won't even get it by the time they leave so now I will also have to pay shipping to send the new ones to her house if and when I get them. For me, it is just a disappointing situation where QVC did not even try to help me out to get this by Christmas even there is plenty of time to have made it right. It was a quality issue, a defective product, and I was really disappointed in how it was all handled.

I guess QVC doesn't care if we get our Christmas presents on time and intact.

I have only really bought beauty products on QVC before (aside from a pillow once)- lesson learned here that QVC is not good to work with regarding faulty electronic products.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Really disappointed in how QVC handled my Luminara issue that was suppose to be a gift for someone for Christmas.

Was this item in stock when you called? If so, you could have ordered a new one and simply returned the defective one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Really disappointed in how QVC handled my Luminara issue that was suppose to be a gift for someone for Christmas.

On 12/16/2014 KYToby said:

Was this item in stock when you called? If so, you could have ordered a new one and simply returned the defective one.

yes it was but she told me I'd have to pay full price shipping (I had reduced shipping since I ordered two) and she told me she couldn't even guarantee shipment by Christmas. Funny thing is, they are telling everyone if they order now they guarantee items by Christmas so it makes no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

I would have re-ordered and then contacted CS regarding your issue. I have done this in the past and they have noted my account & when the product was returned they credited both shipping fees ( this was about 2 months ago). I use the label provided for convenience also.
Honored Contributor

How does Customer Service work? It doesn't.

Contributor

Hi HappyDaze,

We are sorry to hear that happened. We are going to attempt to reach out to you via the e-mail you have associated with your QVC Community Forums account, but if you would like to reach out to us directly, you can do so at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

Sincerely,

Leonard

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Leonard - QVC Customer Care said:

Hi HappyDaze,

We are sorry to hear that happened. We are going to attempt to reach out to you via the e-mail you have associated with your QVC Community Forums account, but if you would like to reach out to us directly, you can do so at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

Sincerely,

Leonard

Hi Leonard. I emailed you back. Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 homedecor1 said: I would have re-ordered and then contacted CS regarding your issue. I have done this in the past and they have noted my account & when the product was returned they credited both shipping fees ( this was about 2 months ago). I use the label provided for convenience also.

I am not willing to take that risk. I would want something in writing first that they'd be willing to credit me back both shipping fees (return and new set shipping).

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to publicly thanks Leonard for his excellent and professional customer service. I really appreciate it!

Contributor

There are similar candles at our local Younkers and Macy's, check it out, they may have some. My sis has several and she usually only purchases luminara, she says they are equal or better and they were 40 per cent off with no shipping charges. We also have a hardware store that sells Christmas items and they have the luminara brand, hope you can find some.