Super Contributor

Please stop pushing this sentiment, it is getting OBNOXIOUS

Please stop doing this, , and you do it on just about every single item. Stop the absolute lavish encouragement to BUY FOR YOUR SELF. I know when I need a treat and I know what the holiday is about and you are basically asking people or pushing them in your subliminal way to just put aside the gifting for others and indulge yourself.

It is such obvious bad manners, that alone should make it a no no. But this is becoming a burden to listen to. I do buy for myself, but I do not want or need your encouragement to absolutely blow everybody else off. You seem to think encouraging true selfishness is a cool marketing technique. Just don't do it in the name of Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop pushing this sentiment, it is getting OBNOXIOUS

They have truly pulled out all the stops this year. More so, I think, that in past years and that's saying something... Could it be that if they actually offered a better mix of products they wouldn't have to try so hard...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

These are sales people. You do not want them to sell? Seriously?

If watching QVC is a "burden, you can easily relieve yourself of it by changing the channel.

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 KYToby said:

These are sales people. You do not want them to sell? Seriously?

If watching QVC is a "burden, you can easily relieve yourself of it by changing the channel.

As I noted, if they sold more of what a mix of customers want to see, perhaps they wouldn't have to try so hard...as to have, at times, become obnoxious... And speaking of obnoxious... and burdens... perhaps someone can suggest a way of relieving us of those who would routinely preach the same sermon to us for expressing our points of view... This forum IS 'The Q Did What' and it's intent is to register gripes... Those not wanting to bear witness to said gripes might, perhaps, want to relieve themselves of the burden by reading elsewhere on these forums... Just a thought...

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Spunkyspouts said:

Please stop doing this, , and you do it on just about every single item. Stop the absolute lavish encouragement to BUY FOR YOUR SELF. I know when I need a treat and I know what the holiday is about and you are basically asking people or pushing them in your subliminal way to just put aside the gifting for others and indulge yourself.

It is such obvious bad manners, that alone should make it a no no. But this is becoming a burden to listen to. I do buy for myself, but I do not want or need your encouragement to absolutely blow everybody else off. You seem to think encouraging true selfishness is a cool marketing technique. Just don't do it in the name of Christmas.

Uh, I'm not sure this is bad manners .... this IS a shopping network after all.

Personally, I don't need any reminders to buy something for myself! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I don't think "buy one for yourself" is being selfish, just a gentle reminder that sometimes we may need a little something just for us. I am in no way bashing the OP for her opinion, mine just differs.

What I take offense to is the I am buying this for everyone I know and you should too. I know they have to sell and I guess this ploy works because they keep saying it.

Thank You OP for your thread.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Thank you!! I have a thread about this and I got beaten up about it!!! If you want something do not use the holidays as an excuse just buy it. Can't afford it then move on.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not easy to push some of this stuff out the door. Throw out anything and see what sticks. And QVC sure isn't subliminal in this tactic; it's pretty blatant. To me, nothing to get upset about, it's not mind control.

Honored Contributor

It's part and parcel of continuing for months, if not years, to offer the same stale stuff... If they'd seriously discount some of it and get rid of it, bringing in fresh and diverse merchandise more regularly, they wouldn't have to pull out all the stops and turn the hosts into carnival barkers. Personally, it's annoying rather than upsetting and my response is simply not to watch nearly as often as I once did. On many levels, again, QVC continue to become unwatchable.

Respected Contributor

While it is another ridiculous sales tactic, I don't take it quite the same way as OP. I don't see it as being selfish by buying for yourself. We all know what the holidays are about. They just want to push more merchandise by telling us how wonderful, wonderful, amazing, amazing everything is, so buy one for yourself as well, because it's so great you won't want to give it away.

LOL, I would rather hear them say buy one for yourself than buy one for the mailman, teacher and meter reader or anyone else that has happened to cross your path during the year.