Frequent Contributor

Shark Rocket Proposition 65 Warning

How does it happen that I get my new Shark Rocket handheld vacuum with a warning that a chemical in the product can cause birth defects and reproductive disorders. There is no warning on the product page or any explanation anywhere on QVC's website. I know this is being put on products more and more since Prop 65 was passed, but as consumers I think it should be addressed somewhere so we can make informed decisions about a particular product. I shouldn't have to call the company or be surprised when the product arrives with this clear warning. Most of what I've seen through web searches is that it probably contains lead in the power cord, so wash your hands after using it. So the cord rubs on my carpet where my pets walk, then they lick their paws. How is this OK?
Super Contributor

Re: Shark Rocket Proposition 65 Warning

I just ignore those prop 65 warnings, because the amounts that they are talking about are so minute, but they legally have to put the "warnings" out there.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Plaid Pants. I figured it was just precautionary but without any facts behind it, I wasn't sure what the impact to my cats could be. I hope it's nothng.
Respected Contributor

There's so much""nothing"" that it is ""something"". Or there's so much ""something"" that it seems there is nothing we can do about it but mutate!