Valued Contributor

Since this weekend promises more of the same old, same old at the Q ...

I guess I have no choice but to drive myself to those big spooky stores in those big crowded parking lots and FIND some lovely new things for my family and friends ... so keep up the good work QVC ... I'm going SHOPPING ... WITHOUT YOU ...
Honored Contributor

Re: Since this weekend promises more of the same old, same old at the Q ...

I did my shopping at other online retailers....who offered 25-50% off the sale price plus free shipping (that arrived in 2-4 days).

I did buy one thing from Q last Monday but it is for me. I don't expect it to arrive until late next week and that was paying for standard shipping! ugh.

Super Contributor

I'm just sick and tired of the same old thing, and especially too much Susan Graver !

QVC has gone to the dogs and evidentally can't find it's way out of the gutter IMHO.

Honored Contributor

Other than AM Style on Saturday morning, there's absolutely no reason for me to tune in to QVC at all this weekend. A glance at the program guide seems to indicate that Saturday is virtually all-day Dell and Sunday all-day Apple. Good time to do more interesting things!

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Graciesmom said: I guess I have no choice but to drive myself to those big spooky stores in those big crowded parking lots and FIND some lovely new things for my family and friends ... so keep up the good work QVC ... I'm going SHOPPING ... WITHOUT YOU ...

Trust me

the parking lots are not as crowded as they tell you

Honored Contributor

Ohhhhhh you're brave. Why, to hear the hosts tell it, those malls are REALLY scary places... Now you be careful! Of course, for your trouble, you'll likely find some neat things, good prices and you won't pay out the, uh, well, you won't pay for shipping...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

But WOW, can we assume based on your choice to head toward the big, terrifying mall that despite being a busy mom... you aren't interested in gifting the trash-man, mailman, teacher, dance instructor, piano (drum, violin) teacher, yard man, pool boy, grocery store checker, manicurist, gas station attendant, road workers, waitress at your favorite restaurant, barista, meter-reader, dental hygienist, school crossing guard, hairdresser, colorist, all your neighbors (for four square blocks), friends (no matter now remote) and family (no matter how distant) with YET another Dull, er, Dell computer, Apple product or something from that kitchen...?

Valued Contributor

No ... Silly you ... I get those from my ""gift closet"" ... You know ... That extra space in all our homes where we store those special little things we pick up when the hosts tell us to that we can use in a pinch ... Surely you have one of those !!?
Honored Contributor

A SHOCKING TALE, SHOCKING INDEED....... I had gathered up my courage, drank an extra strong cup of coffee and headed to the nearest mall....I couldn't believe it......never saw anything like this.....yes folks....And I lived to tell the tale.....this was about 10 AM Central Time on a weekday ....but there was AMPLE PARKING, NO CROWDS, FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL EMPLOYEES......I picked up a couple gifts and was on my way faster than Santa and he had magical reindeer!!! Then after I was joined by DS and we had lunch, and it was on to Wally World and surprisingly I found the same thing even there. And when there is no line at the Blue Box Store and their limited OPEN register lines, it just makes ya wonder about the tales the QVC hosts spin....Wink..one more gift to go and my shopping is done....and not one gift from QVC this year...SORRY QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 Graciesmom said: No ... Silly you ... I get those from my "gift closet" ... You know ... That extra space in all our homes where we store those special little things we pick up when the hosts tell us to that we can use in a pinch ... Surely you have one of those !!?

Yes, I had a gift wing built several years back and when that proved too small I went with a gift annex... No stone left unturned, no one left without just the PERFECT gift...