Regular Contributor
I live in the same house with my elderly mother. I ordered the new Celebrate Grace for a gift for her. It was just delivered and on the box it clearly said Philosophy Celebrate Grace. Thank goodness I am the one who went to the door. WHY do they do this?
Respected Contributor

Re: Box saying what is in it.

Hello, mormel20 and welcome. Smile

I know that sometimes the box will have the name of the company on it, but the box specifically said the actual name of the item on it?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Regular Contributor

The box itself said Philosophy, and there was a printed label stuck on it that said Celebrate Grace.
Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 mormel20 said: The box itself said Philosophy, and there was a printed label stuck on it that said Celebrate Grace.

Interesting. They usually don't specifically print the actual name of product outside the box. Hmm...sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, not sure what can be done about it. Maybe try writing QVC and asking why they do that, and try asking them not to do that again.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

Many items are shipped directly from manufacturers -- such as this. QVC does not control the box.

Of course, if QVC opted to warehouse the products, package it themselves, and ship it out, costs would go up, and there would be a whole other type of complaint on here.

Honored Contributor

This sort of thing comes up every year. Maybe it's time for folks to plan on boxes sometimes displaying the contents, especially when coming from vendors that often serve more as an order processing center for other companies, rather than actually fulfilling orders themselves. When in doubt, while inconvenient, I have packages sent to a neighbor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Every year people complain that they order toys that come in a huge box that has the name and perhaps a picture on the exterior. What are they supposed to do, put it in another huge box that's plain brown? Better to assume the box will give the contents away and have it delivered elsewhere.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Amazon does this all the time. Their ""Amazon ruined my Christmas!!!!"" forum threads are legendary.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I like the outside packaging to be as plain as possible. I'll never forget the time I ordered a skincare kit from QVC, and I was out in the yard when UPS delivered it. The driver gave me a look....then I looked at the writing on the box, and it said something like "look younger tomorrow" on the outside of the box.
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 moonchilde said:

Amazon does this all the time. Their "Amazon ruined my Christmas!!!!" forum threads are legendary.

Oh, stay tuned, the 'QVC ruined my Christmas threads' will show up soon enough! Non-generic boxes and late product deliveries are always biggies...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...