Contributor

Antonella - Why Such a Strong Sell Lately?

I am new to this forum but not to QVC. I am disabled so I am home a lot more lately. I used to sort of like Antonella, but lately I feel such a hard sell from her. She seems so loud and sort of pushy. Is it just me watching too much Q?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Antonella - Why Such a Strong Sell Lately?

She, like all other hosts, is there to sell. Sales takes precedence over entertainment every day as QVC exists to make money. The hosts are no different than clerks in any brick and mortar store -- they just have better lighting.

Super Contributor

Yes, you're right. Antonella has changed. I remember seeing her when she first started. She was fresh and original. Viewers took to her and asked for more Antonella. Somehow with the new management she has gotten a more aggressive edge to her selling pitch and unfortunately has lost that new job freshness.

Honored Contributor

Some folks really should reconsider their signature mantra about this not being entertainment and being all about sales. I think we all know the priority, but watching television is still supposed to be at least marginally entertaining... Likewise, anyone who can't see the difference between the counter girl at Macy's and the QVC hosts simply isn't looking very hard. There is a world of difference. Most sales clerks don't make their salary and aren't on commission. Their sales statistics aren't scrutinized at the same level and they don't tend to stay in the same place for years anymore... "Professional" sales staff in department and other retail stores is largely a thing of the past... Hosts are far more motivated to sell and the extent to which they are following the sales technique mandates put forth by management is far more public and visible... Yes, Antonella, like most of the hosts, has developed a more hyper approach, but I'd blame QVC management for this rather across the board glaring and annoying phenomenon...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I no longer watch Antonella's presentations. There's too much about her that irritates me. Everybody says they like Alberti's calm demeanor...Just give him awhile and he'll be like all the rest.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 KYToby said:

She, like all other hosts, is there to sell. Sales takes precedence over entertainment every day as QVC exists to make money. The hosts are no different than clerks in any brick and mortar store -- they just have better lighting.

I have to dis-agree with this.... If it is true, then why do Pat & Jayne seem they are there for entertainment & fun?? I can't not watch them together, to much non-sense going on. I rarely see Antonella, but last time I watched, she did seem to "folow the crowd" on the selling push.

Honored Contributor

If she has amped it up, it's probably because her sales numbers have slipped and she fears for her position and is not keen on going back to hawking in the wee hours. It's when she gets screechy and cackly that I change the channel.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Antonella is one of the best!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Kachina624 said: I no longer watch Antonella's presentations. There's too much about her that irritates me. Everybody says they like Alberti's calm demeanor...Just give him awhile and he'll be like all the rest.

Sad but probably true... Someone really should tell the brain trusts in the executive suite about the whole concept of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'... Actually, someone really should've pointed that out to them quite some time ago...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Antonella and Alberti are the best of the best!

Don't worry, be Happy!