Frequent Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. I ordered a pair of earrings last night using the 5 easy pay offer I was emailed a few weeks ago.

I know I used the offer correctly and even got a confirmation email stating the order total and the easy pay break down. All is fine and well.

I checked my credit card tonight and the entire amount of the earrings has been charged. I rechecked my email and my order status on this site and it shows that I used the 5 easy pay option. I called customer service and they said it was processed using the 5 easy pays too, they said it must be a problem with my credit card company. However, there is no way my credit card company would know the amount of the full order without QVC putting that amount through. Its not like my credit card company has access to my QVC account and knows what the full amount of the product would be.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: kind of upset, 5 easy pay

Thankfully, no.

That was clearly QVC's error.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure you aren't the first or only one.

Honored Contributor

Ever take note of the fact that whether it's a computer glitch, a shipping error, or whatever, their first line of defense is always that it was somebody else... It's never them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Not applicable

Hi Sullw, We'd like to try to help with your ezpay order. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Sydney, QVC

Honored Contributor

It's probably just an approval transaction. They do need to make sure they can secure the funds. Then, when the actual transaction comes through it will most likely just be in the amount of the first payment.

Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 chickenbutt said:

It's probably just an approval transaction. They do need to make sure they can secure the funds. Then, when the actual transaction comes through it will most likely just be in the amount of the first payment.

This is what I was thinking also.
Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 luvthatboxer said:
On 12/8/2014 chickenbutt said:

This is what I was thinking also, but I just checked an easy pay transaction from this morning on my credit card accoint and it was only the easy pay amount, not the full approvaamount.
Super Contributor

What they do is, when a customer buys something on easy-pay, QVC "deducts" the full amount of the item, to make sure that you have the funds available.

Then when it comes time for the charge to actually go through, then they withdraw the first easy-pay amount.

It helps them to cut down on fraud.

Say someone buys a $1,000 item, that has 5 easy-pays of $200.

If they didn't make sure that the person had the funds available, then the person could "steal" a $1,000 item for the $200, if QVC were to just deduct the first easy-pay only.

Does that make any sense?

Honored Contributor

That's what I was trying to say, but didn't say too well. Thanks, PP

Additionally, it often (depending on the bank, probably) drops off quickly so nobody notices it. Maybe they are more vehement about securing funds for newer customers and/or larger purchases.