Contributor
Recently, I was reading the reviews on the GILI Roma 2, considering trying this bag, since the Milano was lovely, but, I didn't think it was the bag for me. I could not believe how many reviews, I read, that were from people that didn't have the bag. They were making suggestions or complaining that it wasn't designed, as they'd prefer. Other reviews, were, to put it politely, hard to understand! The bag is big, the bag has Gold hardware, the bag has a plain lining, the bag doesn't zip, I don't like the tassel. Do people spend that much money on a bag, and never watch the presentation, read about it on line, pay any attention to what they're buying? No one should be able to review something they don't have; comment on the Forums,but, not in a review! And so many reviews that are useless. Don't give an item a poor review, just because you didn't pay attention! Whew, thanks QVC I feel better!
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Review Your Reviews

IMO, this is not a big deal. We're all grownups and can decipher the real reviews from the others. I just ignore the ones from non-buyers. When submitting a review, there is a question asking if you bought the item. I don't know how they answered that.

We can only control how we respond to anything. Not everyone has the same education or intelligence as others. Perhaps some or all of those reviews were genuine responses. But it really doesn't matter. To me, things like this just aren't worth taking up any space in my brain.

Esteemed Contributor

many of us have complained about letting those who have not purchased leaving a review...that is the Q's fault or whoever reads them over and then let them post...

however I have, also, seen reviews from someone who does have the product...yet complain about the size....color of the hardware....etc....and I wonder, like yourself, did they not read the description...or watch when presented...

I like to read the reviews...but "throw out" the ridiculous ones and only pay attention to the logical ones....and hope for the best....lol...

Esteemed Contributor

What bothers me most about the review process and "statistics" is the fact that the "average" rating really doesn't always reflect the truth about the opinions expressed. Nor does the number of people who would recommend it to a friend.

I was researching the reviews on Temp-tations a while back, and discovered that although the average rating was fairly high, if you go into the 3 and 4 star reviews and read them, some of the people are relating all kinds of problems they've personally had with the cookware, but they still give them 4 and 5 stars. I just don't understand that.

And when you read a lot of the very low reviews, they complain about the problems, say they're sending their stuff back, but still check off "would recommend to a friend". What sense does that make - they don't like it, but it's okay for their friends?

So I've learned if I want to know the truth, I actually read the reviews, because those "average" statistics don't always mean what they appear to mean.

Contributor

Oh, I agree, no big deal. I just thought it was kind of curios. I did order the bag, so, we'll see. I'm hoping to love it!
Trusted Contributor

Really appreciate it, when a reviewer takes the time to be specific. Not, it's ugly, or this is the best boot, ever. What makes it so unattractive, what are the features that make it the best boot? Those reviews can be helpful, because they're not just someone's opinion.
Honored Contributor

What slays me are the negative reviews for an item because someone doesn't like the host or vendor... Go figure.

And yes, specific, descriptive reviews that include the key components of an item including the color chosen when that's a factor are so much more helpful than generic or overly personalized reviews.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

At QVC you need to purchase the item to post a review, they have a filter tied to your account with the product number, so if you didn't buy it, you can't review it. I can see that your complaint has validity on Amazon.com or some other open review internet retailer.

Respected Contributor

If I purchase an item and for some reason did not like it, I make an IMHO review. I say exactly what I liked and did not like.

There are things on QVC I would like but have not purchased because I am one that If I do not like the host I will wait and purchase elsewhere. I don't know how the host's are paid and if it is a % of what they sell I do not want to add to their earnings if I don't like the way they sell.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 12/16/2014 SweetK said:

At QVC you need to purchase the item to post a review, they have a filter tied to your account with the product number, so if you didn't buy it, you can't review it. I can see that your complaint has validity on Amazon.com or some other open review internet retailer.

Then they have changed their policy because although I haven't written a review in a few months, I have always been able to post reviews for items that are sold on QVC but that I bought elsewhere. None of my reviews, negative or positive, have ever been declined.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland