Esteemed Contributor

9 page wish list and not one item is eligible for today's free ship offer (12/1)

That's nearly 180 items of clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, accessories.

There is however free shipping on full-priced washers and dryers which I never knew QVC even sold.

Sigh.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 9 page wish list and not one item is eligible for today's free ship offer (12/1)

I know! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I checked the Cyber Monday Preview items in Home category several times last night just prior to midnight. I have also checked the current Home category Cyber Monday items several times this morning, and NOTHING WAS ADDED! I can't believe it. The items that do have free shipping have pretty much always had free shipping.

I thought they might've at least added a few more clearance or as-is items to the free shipping promotion.

Unbelievable.

Honored Contributor

Re: 9 page wish list and not one item is eligible for today's free ship offer (12/1)

The pathetic programming continues too... Let's see, they've featured a charger, a computer, a pad, and now a camera... At the same time, they've inundated the airwaves with the same handful of boring products for the past week. They should be embarrassed. The next time they start crowing about what a major player they are I think my eyes will roll back in my head, and not it a good way. Of course they tend to do that during jewelry shows, and since there aren't any anymore, well... Not only are the shipping deals a colossal joke, but I was looking at the 'sales' and in many cases these are the same 'great deals' on the very items for virtually the same prices that have been on clearance for weeks or longer... Essentially, they've done nothing 'special' for the duration of this entire week of supposed retail extravaganzas. I seem to recall last year was virtually the same. I guess this is just how they intend to roll and I guess that's why I'll roll somewhere else... I did order last night though... it was a ring... from ShopHQ... I got fifteen percent off and the shipping was minimal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I looked at their ""FREE SHIPPING"" list.... it's the same stuff that has been sold with free shipping before! NOTHING NEW!

Valued Contributor

Also, I don't think they will discount any items sold after September 20th, because then people will start returning those they purchased at the higher price or will request a refund for the difference....

Honored Contributor

Probably true, TK... and since the Q, most especially these days, is ALL about repetition, I guess the 'no deals here' sign just needs to go up and stay up...

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone think they will ever repeat the $3.00 or $5.00 reduced shipping rate on all or most items, like they did the last week of March 2014? Even that slight savings was incentive enough for me to order 4 items that week, which is a lot of ordering for me in that short length of time.

Maybe their Nov/Dec sales are high enough that they don't have to offer any special deals, but I honestly don't see how, based on what they're airing and their outrageous s&h.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 SHOPR said:

Anyone think they will ever repeat the $3.00 or $5.00 reduced shipping rate on all or most items, like they did the last week of March 2014? Even that slight savings was incentive enough for me to order 4 items that week, which is a lot of ordering for me in that short length of time.

Maybe their Nov/Dec sales are high enough that they don't have to offer any special deals, but I honestly don't see how, based on what they're airing and their outrageous s&h.

I suspect they'll repeat it, but it'll be during some low volume period. As dreadful as it is right now, they're probably still unloading a good bit of this slop and right now is when they'll make the big bucks to see them through the more lean times... Reducing shipping now would be a nice incentive for us, but would mean they'd actually have to give something up and accept lower profits during their 'big' season. QVC is not good about giving anything up... Customers, after all, are clearly secondary... I know that seems ridiculous, but it also seems to be where their collective head is at.

Regular Contributor

I see HSN has free shipping for any orders over $100. I am sitting on ordering two bracelets for over $700 and am just peeved to think they cannot at least offer free shipping. Then, they will probably be dropped substantially in February. What to do, what to do.

Valued Contributor

On 12/1/2014 BadWolf said:

I see HSN has free shipping for any orders over $100. I am sitting on ordering two bracelets for over $700 and am just peeved to think they cannot at least offer free shipping. Then, they will probably be dropped substantially in February. What to do, what to do.

Compromise. Buy one now and wait till February to buy another one Smiley Happy or order both if you really like them. You can always return them by Jan 31. And if the price drops by a lot, you can return after 30 days but they will charge you original shipping fee plus return shipping.