Contributor

Programming needs a major overhaul!

We have just been through three days of the most repetitive and boring QVC programming culminating with what seemed like a full day of nonstop laptops. Now after an hour long presentation of what seemed to be an interesting Halo product, they have to show it again a half hour after the that presentation was over? What are they thinking? I would think they would want to air as many products as possible instead of being so repetitious! I have done a lot of holiday shopping since Thursday and I haven't done much with the Q because they have not offered good deals.
Super Contributor

Re: Programming needs a major overhaul!

I love Christmas - it's my very favorite time of the year, BUT I hate it on QVC!!!!! Lame toys, vacuum cleaners, laptops, so boring!! I save a ton of money this time of year. Surely SOMEONE in charge has to know how horribly repetitive and boring these shows are, day after day for 2 months. I feel like if I had that job, and turned out this kind of work, I'd be fired.
Honored Contributor

I've seen a lot of these kinds of comments this weekend. I looked at Q's schedule and knew i wouldn't be watching anything. It's as exciting as watching paint dry.

My purchases were from other online retailers this weekend who offered 30-40% off plus free shipping (and will arrive in 3-5 days, not 10-14).

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I've seen a lot of these kinds of comments this weekend. I looked at Q's schedule and knew i wouldn't be watching anything. It's as exciting as watching paint dry.

My purchases were from other online retailers this weekend who offered 30-40% off plus free shipping (and will arrive in 3-5 days, not 10-14).

Oh my gosh, I sooo agree w/you!! As boring as it can get!

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they've even noticed that there is thread after thread and post after post decrying their increasingly awful programming choices? I'd wonder if they even care, but clearly they don't. This is their typical Thanksgiving weekend operation and I guess their perspective is we can either take it or leave it... Personally, I left it, just as I did last year. It really is too bad. It USED TO BE fun to shop at QVC, but it really isn't any more, almost ever. To be sure, this weekend has been a 'worst case scenario', but boring, repetitive programming, too long presentations, too many presentations of TSV's and lack of variety have been the norm for quite some time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If they put some effort into it, they could have offered price busters on popular items......this is awful.
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Mustangshar said: If they put some effort into it, they could have offered price busters on popular items......this is awful.

They could've, but apparently QVC is RELENTLESS when it comes to never, ever offering deals or incentives. Every other retailer did SOMETHING for this weekend, but not them. Just hour after hour of stale, boring merchandise, at regular prices and their usual pricey shipping. Just their way of saying bah humbug...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

More and more customers are complaining about their boring repetitive programming and limited 15 products that they rotate over and over and over and over year after year...seldom watch or buy these days....just looking at the Program Guide has me headed to other retailers or finding something else to do...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't even bother to look at QVC considering what was listed in the program guide. While I was working around the house, I watched some Shop HQ & HSN since they had jewelry shows and bought a couple of items for gifts.

I had decided I was not going to waste any of my time watching or listening to the generic gift shows blah blah that Q had to offer.

Valued Contributor

It seems no matter how much we ask,we still get the same merchandise.My local merchants benefited last year,and I guess it will be the same this year!