Contributor

Disappointed -- JR prices all over the place

I don't know why I am venting here, but here I go:

Long-time reader, first-time blogger. ;-)

I have been a Q shopper for many years. In particular, I like the selection and pricing of jewelry. I wouldn't call myself a "Ripkinsta" but I would definitely say that I love (and have purchased) many of her offerings.

Over the past few months, I have watched in frustration as the purchases I made at "Featured" or "Event" pricing drop by 40% or more to clearance or other pricing, many only about 45 days after I made the purchase.

Of course, the Q's policy is to price match within 30 days. I figured, though, like other on-line retailers, that the Q might offer me something -- a coupon, in-store credit, something! After all, it was 3 items that had dropped in price by more than a collective $215!

Alas, via e-chat, there was no such luck. There was just a pat "no" or "Sorry" or "that's our policy." I am allowed, though, to return products with the caveat being that items I am returning that are more than 30 days old will not have the original s&h refunded.

The other day, I received a package that was damaged. It was a jewelry item sent via USPS, and it was crushed. This seemed rather foreseeable to me. Sadly, it is out of stock. So back it goes. (Carolyn Pollack's lovely "x" ring in Sleeping Beauty turq).

I suppose many people believe that there should be an exception for them, and perhaps I am no different. I have spent thousands at the Q this year. I just wanted something from them. Instead, I got corporate policy. When this same thing happened at the letter "h" channel, I received an "I'm so sorry" and I received in-store credit for $10. I thought this was classy and a way of saying to me, "We want you."

What I am hearing from Q is, "We're just not that into you." I hear you, Q, and I will give up the chase.

Well, I just went to USPS and returned over $1,100 worth of merch to QVC, and I will cancel all advanced orders and auto-delivery.

After all these years, I guess I will be shopping; I just won't "Q."

I wish everyone a happy, safe, and wonderful holiday season!

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed -- JR prices all over the place

I don't think it's at all unusual to expect that good customers receive a certain deference, even if it means it costs the retail entity a few dollars. What I'm learning, both here and elsewhere, is that they don't agree. It's sad, but even stores I've long valued as being a cut above and significantly focused on 'doing right' by customers appear now to be operating on autopilot and 'doing the right thing' just simply no longer matters. I'm sorry for your disappointment and maybe we're both a little naive to have assumed standards still exist in retail... regardless of the level of the store or retail entity. I guess it's still out there, but it's certainly not the norm, and clearly not here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Thanks for the lovely and thoughtful reply.

It's glad to know that I am not alone in expecting tailored customer service and not just rote application of policy.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you've had this happen and are so disappointed, and I certainly understand it. I would just say that I've had a couple of unusual problems with purchases from HSN, and when I did and expressed my dissatisfaction in no uncertain terms (although nicely Smile ), they went out of their way to help me and a couple of times gave me a $20.00 credit for the "inconvenience". Then when I used one of the credits and had to return that item also, they put the credit amount back on my account so I could re-use it. I haven't had a pricing problem with them, just problems with the products.

I know QVC's policy is that they will drop the price for you if it's within 30 days of the ORDER date, not the date you receive it, which I really don't think is fair, but that's their policy. I did have one instance where the price on an item I had purchased dropped considerably, and even though I had been buying a lot, they wouldn't drop the price for me even though it was only 33 days after the order date. I didn't even receive it until over a week after the order date, which meant I had only had it a little over 3 weeks, but they were very emphatic that it had to be within that 30 day period. Three days cost me about $20.

Oh well, I've been disappointed in QVC about a lot more than that in recent months, so I've cut my buying almost to nothing. So I don't have to concern myself with it anyway!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Contributor

@KittyMom - thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Very silly for the Q to put form before substance and fail to refund a measly $20.
Honored Contributor

Sad to say and without appearing maudlin, I think we continue to devolve in so many ways. The 'glory days' seem well behind us in so many ways, so I guess it shouldn't be much of a shock to see service become more and more shoddy... It seems everybody pays lip service to customer service and has a survey for us to complete, but when the tire hits the road, it's clearly not anyone's real priority.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

On 11/24/2014 stevieb said:

Sad to say and without appearing maudlin, I think we continue to devolve in so many ways. The 'glory days' seem well behind us in so many ways, so I guess it shouldn't be much of a shock to see service become more and more shoddy... It seems everybody pays lip service to customer service and has a survey for us to complete, but when the tire hits the road, it's clearly not anyone's real priority.

Well-said!