Trusted Contributor

Is QVC Helping You Check Off Names From Your Xmas Shopping List?

The answer for me once again this year is no. Years ago QVC helped me so much as they had items first - new items you could not find elsewhere yet.

Now, it's the same old items - year after year! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I love the convenience of shopping with the Q; however, they've made me shop elsewhere. I've done some of my shopping this year with Harry & David, Yankee Candle, Bath & Body Works and Blair. They've each had good sale prices & S&H a lot more reasonable than the Q or even free!

I see the upcoming TSV mentioned for Honora. Again - the same old thing. I purchased multiple colored pearl earrings a few years ago. QVC needs new ideas, new items!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC Helping You Check Off Names From Your Xmas Shopping List?

No. But Amazon is.

Honored Contributor

I might have ordered some things from the Philosophy show the other day, but the website was down. I won't order by phone.

Anyway, it didn't work out, and tomorrow I'm going out to shop locally, so QVC lost me that day....maybe I won't be buying any gifts here.

Respected Contributor

No. Nothing much of interest there, and I can find better deals at the mall. For me, I prefer and enjoy going to the mall and it's not the madhouse that the hosts make it out to be.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have bought a lot of my gifts from the Q...and some from HSN and ShopHQ.....I don't do malls...I, also, like that I have till the end of Jan 2015 to return...and...I won't have to stand in some line after the Holiday to make a return....

Honored Contributor

So far have bought one item from HSN. Bought one item from QVC that USPS lost. Canceled the order. Not sure if anything else will catch my eye.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

One VPH item.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about the Honora TSV... Year after year... the same vendors and their holiday TSV's... I realize that unlike a department store QVC can't be constantly bringing in scads of new vendors and new merchandise, but they could certainly do better than they do... And this seasonal predictability has just become glaring. Especially on a seasonal basis, you'd think they could add a few more new vendors than they do...

As if the week in and week out marathon of the same ten brands presented relentlessly isn't bad enough, my gosh, can't they ever mix it up a little, especially for the Christmas shopping season...? This array has become way too predictable and as a result, not much of my Christmas shopping was done here... A few items, yes, but overall, if I'd wanted to give most of this stuff as gifts, I could've done so years ago because heaven only knows the variety (or lack of it) surely hasn't changed much over the past half decade...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I bought one D&B bag on sale and that's it for me. In past years, I bought all my gifts from QVC, but no longer.

I actually had fun this year looking for unique gifts (like QVC used to carry) and I found a lot of neat stuff online for the people on my list.

Honored Contributor

LOL, that would be a resounding NO.