Honored Contributor

I've sworn I'll quit stewing about this but just can't get it out of my system. There is a thread in the Fashion Forum about an upcoming Denim & Co. TSV that starts, "I am a QVC Insider". The poster describes how much she loves this thing she ordered because she is an "Insider" and then follows a bunch of posters begging for the item number which she is scared to reveal.

it's hard to believe that QVC, which professes to have millions of customers, would create two groups of customers, the "Insiders" and the "Outsiders", based on little more than their subscriber status with an obscure newsletter on some undetermined date in the past. The "Insiders" get advance notice of upcoming TSVs which they love to flaunt to "Outsiders" but are forbidden to reveal.

I spend thousands of dollars with this organization annually, probably much more than most "Insiders" yet I'm not privy to this insider information. QVC, what kind of warm, fuzzy feeling of love and goodwill do you suppose I have for a company that treats its customers with such a cavalier attitude?

I say cut out the class distinction between the two groups of customers and either make future TSVs available to everyone or don't mention them to anyone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have to agree with everything you've said! Since there is now no way to let new shoppers subscribe to this...it's time to either let it go, or come up with something different and allow everyone the option of taking part.

Contributor
Well put..I agree; offer something everyone can benefit from.
Esteemed Contributor

when the Insider was available for purchase...many refused to spend the money...a mere $12.00....that's a dollar a month fercryinoutloud.....then the same people complained about not being able to get the heads up on the TSV's....and wanted those of us who did purchase the mag...to give out the number and get banned...which happened to me while trying to be nice....

however...now that we can't purchase the Insider....and I don't know when the last one will go out...mine was this month...(Nov)....some other source for the TSV's pre-order should be established....and maybe it will once everyone has received their last issue....

Trusted Contributor

I agree with everything you said. I am one of the "Insiders". I kept getting phone calls from QVC asking me if I wanted to purchase the Insider. At the time it cost $36/year. I told QVC that with how much I spend with them, it should be free. Finally when the price was dropped to $12, I ordered it. I received it for 2 years before they stopped letting new customers sign up.

And today's TSV - Honora Pearl Earrings, really highlight the class distinction between "Insiders" vs "Outsiders". For the 1st time that I can remember, QVC raised both the price and shipping on a TSV that was promoted in the Insider. If you had pre-ordered the earrings, the price was $19.98 + $3 shipping. Now it is $24.98 with $4.97 shipping.

I wrote to CS about the price difference and they replied that prices in the InsideQ can change prior to the day of airing. I felt bad for anyone who wanted to order several earrings as gifts and now have to pay the higher price because QVC is not allowing them to order the InsiderQ.

I agree that it is time QVC either ends the Insider or open it back up for subscription.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!!

Either open it up to everyone or kill the thing once and for all.

Stupid AND unfair.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Vickie00.....this is the first time I have heard of such a change in cost of product and shipping...usually the only difference was they would drop the e-z pay on the day it is aired...wow.....what a terrible thing to do...right at the Holidays....I feel sorry for those that knew of the Insider price and waited....only to be shocked by the change....

Honored Contributor

I agree QVC needs to rethink what I feel is mismanagement of their Insider offerings. Not only do they disallow new subscribers, they've created a weird "gaming system" wherein Insider members either attempt to post information in the Community Forums and risk being banned OR people know to search the internet or check certain Facebook pages to get the ordering info early. What's the point? Doesn't this create more ill will as opposed to garnering good will?{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Honestly, if you keep a quick eye around here you can get the link. That's how I know the Insider info. Maybe that's not the right way to do things ( I agree), but we have to help each other beat them at their own game (so to speak).

It's just like Costco. I spend thousands every year @ Costco. I have a large family. I buy furniture/home items from them too. Every time I shop, it never fails, a sales clerk has to take my card and tell me that if I spend $100 a year to be able to spend my money there, my membership will pay for itself! Well, I think that's a bunch of bunk! Why do we need to pay a membership fee to spend our money?

I've had three people in the last two days come up to me (very politely) and ask me if I could give them a few dollars to eat...does that sound like a solid economy? In fact, I had an elderly man ask if he could have a slice of pizza from the pie I was taking out of Costco the other day for my kids...I gave a young couple $10 at the gas pump the other day...it's bad out there. Worse than I've ever seen in my lifetime!

Sorry for the Costco rant. It's just the same kind of mentality. Retail needs to appreciate their customers more. Now I really feel like posting the Insider link for all! Alas, I will get banned! Btw, I copied the link @ the wee hours of the morning a couple of months ago, and POOF it was gone in a few seconds! QVC means business about that darn mag!

Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 dooBdoo said:

I agree QVC needs to rethink what I feel is mismanagement of their Insider offerings. Not only do they disallow new subscribers, they've created a weird "gaming system" wherein Insider members either attempt to post information in the Community Forums and risk being banned OR people know to search the internet or check certain Facebook pages to get the ordering info early. What's the point? Doesn't this create more ill will as opposed to garnering good will?{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Exactly! It's like we're living in India where they have a caste system. QVC has their own.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment