Regular Contributor

Beware: Dooney on clearance!

I purchased a Dooney Tote, the Bailey bag in August and was paying monthly payments .. This past Saturday the bag was on and on clearance for $58.00 less. I have one more payment on th bag. Why can't they at least wait longer to reduce items. I had ordered the TSV and I called and cancelled it. I'm finished with the Q. No more!
Honored Contributor

Re: Beware: Dooney on clearance!

It happens all the time at any retailer...online or B&M. It's just the luck of the draw.

Trusted Contributor

So because you chose to make this purchase in August and chose to use Easy Pay QVC should not be allowed to reduce the price until you have fully paid? Should all retailers follow this practice?

How exactly would that work? After buying groceries, should the supermarket not put any items on sale until you have eaten everything? Why not?

Look, we all make decisions on what to buy. You obviously thought you got a good deal in August, so do not whine about it now because you made the choice -- QVC did not force you to make the purchase.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry but I can't see blaming QVC for that... Honestly, they can't possibly be expected to keep track of who bought what when and then not offer anything at a reduced price until it's 'fair' to everyone... This sort of thing happens to me frequently and it really rankles when it does, especially for items I might not have even used yet... That said, it is what it is and to expect otherwise seems at least a bit unreasonable... I can think of lots of reasons for leaving QVC in the dust but this sn't one of them...

Apparent consensus aside, I really do wish some would learn a synonym for the word "whine"... Really, there's no need to try so consistently to be so consistently demeaning. Occasionally, yes, I get it, but not as a steady diet!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

IMy point is that when you buy a $157.00 item and they reduce it while customers are still paying on it , in my opinion is not good business. I would think that they would know what's going on with the products that they are selling.I'm not talking about a can of corn. I realize that it does happen in other stores and they have policies about getting credit. I'm not whining, I'm just angry.
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, that is just life and it happens every day. My living room TV went out several weeks ago after a slow and painful death. (LOL) I kept pushing it , trying to make it to Black Friday. I do have a TV in my bedroom, but this was my main living room T.V. Well, I made the decision to purchase another TV and not wait. Guess what? I am seeing ads left and right now that are bumming me out. Great savings are available now.

My point being, that I do not have any sour grapes. I made the decision to move forward with the purchase and I will have to deal with the fact that I have left money on the table.

Honored Contributor

If you'd bought it outright and it went on sale within a week or so, most stores, the Q included, would probably give you some consideration, but come on, purchasing on Easy Pay over three or more months and they're not supposed to mark it down until you've paid it off? I understand the frustration. We all share it when we pay for something and then watch it sold a month or so later for less, but I don't think it's incumbent upon them to hold off on changing a price until everyone who might have purchased it on EP has paid it in full...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

It happens all the time at any retailer...online or B&M. It's just the luck of the draw.

You are right Calmin...ALL retailers do it...in fact one of local news channels had a story about how if you saw an item with a price that ended in a six---wait a week or two NS that very item would be their next sale item......it was some kind of a code they used....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Annie....The only way I think you would have a case if the host had said in August this is going to be the lowest price for the rest of the year.....and THEN they offered it on a lower clearance price later on in the year.....and you could prove it....example a video of the host saying it on the website....then I think ya ""got em""....otherwise...unfortunately that is how retail works and the old adage...let the buyer beware....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”