Honored Contributor

Two Step Login Process - Why?

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else - I used to be able to enter my email address and password in one step on one page. Effective yesterday (for me at least) my login is now a 2 step process, one page for email address and the next for the password.

If there are any Q employees monitoring the posts - how is this helpful?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Two Step Login Process - Why?

Oddly, for me, for the last couple of days it is sometimes a two step process, and other times it is the same old one step process. No rhyme or reason.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 SHOPR said:

Oddly, for me, for the last couple of days it is sometimes a two step process, and other times it is the same old one step process. No rhyme or reason.

Hmm, sounds like they are experimenting again {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's pretty lame. I use RoboForm and, when it was normal, I could just hit the button and my email address and password went in. Now I have to remember the email address I used here, type that in, and then the password field opens up.

Oh wait a minute - that happened yesterday, but it just occurred to me that when I logged in a few minutes ago it was normal again. Oh boy - it's always scary when they start 'fixing' things!

Esteemed Contributor

mine is mixed, too...sometime a two step...other times its a one step....

and I still hate that longgggggggggggggggg....program guide...what a pain in the backside..

Honored Contributor

I posted on the other thread, so I'll repeat here.

I could be wrong, but what I'm seeing looks like an attempt at a more secure login process.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It used to automatically plug in my ID and password on the first (and only) screen (because my browser saves login info). Now, I have to enter my ID manually before the password is filled in. Seems to keep changing over the past few days, however.

Not sure if that's their intention, or if they're just fiddling with the software again.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

2 steps for me too---and if I go from device to device, that's 6-----and, in addition, sometimes one device will shut down and I'm still signed on and other times, i' m disappeared----6-7+ times---who knows?
Super Contributor

Hopefully it is a security enhancement to make it harder for hackers trying to enter UNs and PWs automatically. - Bird

Honored Contributor

I like the 2 steps. Most banks and a lot of other retailers already have it.

Esteemed Contributor

This has been driving me crazy for days. One minute it works the next it doesn't

What is wrong with their web people