Super Contributor

Just one page of threads in this forum? This has happened before, but I thought it just may be my slow internet not loading everything. Right now, though, as I type, only one page of threads in this forum? - Bird

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where Are All The Threads?

That's a good question. My understanding was that they were going to keep about 3 months (using the last date someone posted to a thread) on each forum, so most of them go back into August. This one only goes back to October 27. They had a problem with this once before... I was looking for a recipe in an older recipe swap thread, and realized that everything cut off 3 months prior. All the forums were 3 months except for Entertainment, which had over a 100 pages of threads, going back a couple of years. They said that was a mistake and made that one 3 months also. But this one, who knows? They keep having problems with this website, it's something different every day.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

That's a good question. My understanding was that they were going to keep about 3 months (using the last date someone posted to a thread) on each forum, so most of them go back into August. This one only goes back to October 27. They had a problem with this once before... I was looking for a recipe in an older recipe swap thread, and realized that everything cut off 3 months prior. All the forums were 3 months except for Entertainment, which had over a 100 pages of threads, going back a couple of years. They said that was a mistake and made that one 3 months also. But this one, who knows? They keep having problems with this website, it's something different every day.

It's really a shame they can't keep the useful stuff around in some format. For example, I don't contribute to the recipe forum because I'm far from being any kind of prolific cook, but I do enjoy and use some of the recipes. I can see time-limiting the blather and banter that I'm as guilty of as anyone else, but something that's actually useful and informative should be in a separate category and be retained and available.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/11/2014 stevieb said:

It's really a shame they can't keep the useful stuff around in some format. For example, I don't contribute to the recipe forum because I'm far from being any kind of prolific cook, but I do enjoy and use some of the recipes. I can see time-limiting the blather and banter that I'm as guilty of as anyone else, but something that's actually useful and informative should be in a separate category and be retained and available.

I must give credit where credit is due. When I emailed the Social Team to ask why the recipes were cut off and Entertainment wasn't, they said if I could give them the name of the thread the recipe was on, they might could make it available to me. Of course, I didn't remember which one it was on or the name of it, but at least they made the offer. I think it would be nice if they would leave at least 6 months to a year up on that particular forum. A lot of people start new threads asking if anyone has a certain recipe that was posted further back in time.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! What a surprise! I hadn't looked at the number of pages on Recipe Swap in a long time, but I just went and looked and there are 264 pages going back to 2010! Maybe they thought about it after I asked, or maybe others also complained as well, because the recipe threads are there!

What I can't figure out is, I thought the main title of a forum, like "Kitchen & Food" had the number of pages that encompasses all of the sub-forums. But apparently it doesn't, because when you click on Kitchen and Food, it has way less pages than the sub-forum of Recipe Swap.

And Viewpoints only goes back to the beginning of October instead of three months. This is getting more weird by the minute as to how they determine how many threads to leave up or how far back they go. But I hope they don't do anything with the Recipe Swap, leave it as it is. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Good to know about the recipes. As for Viewpoints, I can see why they limit it to recent threads... So many of them are 'of the moment' and then so many of them are pretty frivolous and involve only Viewpoints "insiders" anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Good to know about the recipes. As for Viewpoints, I can see why they limit it to recent threads... So many of them are 'of the moment' and then so many of them are pretty frivolous and involve only Viewpoints "insiders" anyway...

When the Q asked for comments/feedback on the forums it seems there was quite a lot of replies from the Viewpoint crowd.....perhaps this is where that point got initiated......I seldom comment over there....only on the fun threads regarding favorite all time movies/favorite christmas carols etc etc, the decline of HGTV and The Food Network....the more mundane topics.....other topics over there can sometimes get pretty heated. I also find it interesting that there are political topics even though according the Q's own standards political discussions are supposed to be prohibited......go figure! But with the ever changing current event topics it does seem a cleanup is in order for the Viewpoint section of the Forums to make room for new news developments .

It does makes sense that the Recipe Swap should be left intact so one can browse when they are looking for something different to cook.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I must give credit where credit is due. When I emailed the Social Team to ask why the recipes were cut off and Entertainment wasn't, they said if I could give them the name of the thread the recipe was on, they might could make it available to me. Of course, I didn't remember which one it was on or the name of it, but at least they made the offer. I think it would be nice if they would leave at least 6 months to a year up on that particular forum. A lot of people start new threads asking if anyone has a certain recipe that was posted further back in time.

WOW Kittymom you actually got a REPLY from the moderators.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}...that's indeed a SHOCK! To quote the commercial with Santa and the M&M characters...."THEY ARE FOR REAL"......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”