Occasional Contributor

Electronics inserted into David's cooking segment???

Watching electronics and other items such as a Dyson heater and now a tablet is not the reason I tune into the 11:00 (CST) cooking segment with David. Please do not make it a habit of pushing other items down your viewers throats. Last week when the Dyson heater was being presented forever, I turned over to another show and the next thing I know the Kitchen segment was over. Today, I turned it off when the tablet started being presented. You may sell you biggest profit maker, but also losing viewers. Thanks for listening.

Honored Contributor

Re: Electronics inserted into David's cooking segment???

I'm not even a regular viewer of the kitchen shows, but the incessant and never ending focus, including too l e n g t h y presentations of the TSV throughout all the day's programming, has become ridiculous. It's bad enough they feel compelled to show it every single hour, but if they must then at least keep it brief during shows that have no relationship whatsoever to what they're hawking... And really, enough with the computers, tablets, pads, and so on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree more with both of you! I tuned into ITKWD to see (silly me) if any new products were being offered, either for myself or as Christmas presents. Well, there was the turkey roaster, fryer ~ whatever it is then the electronics! I put in my Holiday Inn DVD (love Bing Crosby) and got tons of things done around the house. Seriously though ~ I am also getting tired of the same old items day after day. I just sat down to have my dinner and saw The Joy of Christmas is on. First the FlashPad game then BLISS LIGHTS!!!! AGAIN!!!! Not that I'm complaining ~ what's bad for our viewing pleasure is good for my bank account! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

How about all the junk they insert in fashion shows?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Totally agree. That's when I turn channels. The name of the show is IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID. TSV's have no place on this program unless it is a kitchen item.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/9/2014 kachina624 said: How about all the junk they insert in fashion shows?

I agree -- they've ruined the style shows with all the various junk thrown in!

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with everyone....

For me the kitchen shows were ruined when they limited their inventory and now show only the same few items over and over and over again.....so now instead of adding some diverse products they insert more of the same non kitchen junk like the heaters and fans like we don't see them enough....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

KACHINA and TAJA....yep the fashion shows have been ruined with the endless beauty products and other items they insert these days.....

And the lengthy presentations are just plain BORING......a channel changer...or now I just don't even tune in much anymore.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

On 11/12/2014 SPURT said:

For me the kitchen shows were ruined when they limited their inventory and now show only the same few items over and over and over again.....so now instead of adding some diverse products they insert more of the same non kitchen junk like the heaters and fans like we don't see them enough....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

KACHINA and TAJA....yep the fashion shows have been ruined with the endless beauty products and other items they insert these days.....

And the lengthy presentations are just plain BORING......a channel changer...or now I just don't even tune in much anymore.....

Yes, same old stuff on the kitchen shows. I used to enjoy them as they would have lots of neat gadgets and I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets. LOVE Sur la Table! Anyway, they seem to have phases where they concentrate on the same few items over and over and then they switch to a new group of items they show over and over. Temp-tations - how many configurations of that stuff can there be!? Overpriced potstickers, smokers, his cookbook, Harry London in various configurations, nut mixes, fryers, foodsaver, IMTAB, Ninja, etc. I only check out the cookbook offering, and then buy it elsewhere if I am interested.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 katiescarlett said:

Yes, same old stuff on the kitchen shows. I used to enjoy them as they would have lots of neat gadgets and I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets. LOVE Sur la Table! Anyway, they seem to have phases where they concentrate on the same few items over and over and then they switch to a new group of items they show over and over. Temp-tations - how many configurations of that stuff can there be!? Overpriced potstickers, smokers, his cookbook, Harry London in various configurations, nut mixes, fryers, foodsaver, IMTAB, Ninja, etc. I only check out the cookbook offering, and then buy it elsewhere if I am interested.

And let's not forget the food chopper (in various configurations and colors of course), and we can now add .....the shears......to the repetitive lineup.......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. And now Tara has moved into the Home Reflections territory with her Temptations home decor.---candles,figurals, holiday letters spelling out FAITH and PEACE, and let's not forget--her gift wrap ...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Katie I agree they used to have some neat gadgets which I still enjoy using ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

On 11/12/2014 katiescarlett said:

And let's not forget the food chopper (in various configurations and colors of course), and we can now add .....the shears......to the repetitive lineup.......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. And now Tara has moved into the Home Reflections territory with her Temptations home decor.---candles,figurals, holiday letters spelling out FAITH and PEACE, and let's not forget--her gift wrap ...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Katie I agree they used to have some neat gadgets which I still enjoy using ......

The things that Tara comes up with in Temp-tations designs is ridiculous. I have seen those non-kitchen items, ugh. Will see Temp-tations napkins, paper towels and paper items for other rooms in the house? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I forgot about the various choppers and the shears! and don't forget about the can openers. I will say, however, that for some reason I don't mind Lock N' Lock. And I don't mind KitchenAid so much although I wish they would bring back the color of my mixer, hunter green, in other things like food processor, etc.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call