Frequent Contributor

I've been lazy so have been using their return label and to paying $6.95 to do so. Lately I've been returning more than one thing at a time so it probably works in my favor in the end.

But why does it take so long for them to get things back and to update their tracking?

I returned one thing that had an option of UPS or USPS and chose UPS because of the 'better' tracking. QVC still says status unavailable but UPS.com shows it's in transit.

If someone knows how the trackings #'s that start with 7 are shipped and where to track, please let me know.

I have only ordered a few things and return even fewer to HSN and they give updates throughout the return and usually have my return processed within a week.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you return items?

When I return something using the Q's label, I make a copy of the label, and then take the package to the P.O. and get a receipt for proof of mailing.

The number under the larger barcode at the bottom is the one you can use to track it while it's with the post office. You can key it in on the USPS website and it's updated daily or several times a day. The problem is that QVC uses a "Shipping Agent", so your package sits at the post office until the shipping agent picks it up. How it goes from then is anyone's guess, because after that, you can't track it through USPS. You have to wait for QVC to update the tracking status.

I've had packages sit at the post office for as much as an entire week before the shipping agent picked it up. The return labels used to give you the option of dropping off at UPS or at the post office, but now as far as I know, it doesn't give you the UPS option any more... it has to go through the post office. At least all the labels I've had for the past year or so are that way--maybe it depends on the item.

The major delay I think is due to the amount of time your package waits at the post office to be picked up by the shipping agent. I don't know if a package left at UPS has to be picked up by the shipping agent or not. I've never had any luck finding out anything after that unless QVC updates the Return Status.

As far as not using the label, I always calculate the cost to send it back using the USPS website and compare that with the cost of the label. By the time you add insurance if you need to, there's usually not that much difference so it's easier for me to use their label. Hope this is not too confusing!

Honored Contributor

The return label that QVC supplies is some sort of bulk shipping deal, so it pretty much goes 'slow boat to China'. If you ship it yourself it will get there much quicker. In many cases it will cost you less, as well, but in some cases it could cost you more. You can get a quote online at the shippers' websites.

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kkris812 said:

If someone knows how the trackings #'s that start with 7 are shipped and where to track, please let me know.

You can, and should, track your SmartLabel return through their own site, http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

You can track it there using either tracking number, the one that starts with a 9 or 7.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 TTerri said:

You can, and should, track your SmartLabel return through their own site, http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

You can track it there using either tracking number, the one that starts with a 9 or 7.

Thanks for posting that. I've never been able to find that information! Smile

Honored Contributor

I use Q's label only if the item is bulky or heavy (heavy to me is a pr of shoes or handbag).

I love jewelry and, though I haven't bought any lately, when I do return it, I use USPS.com. I pay and print my postage there. You can get priority mail postage with a delivery confirmation and email updates for less than Q's label...and it gets there faster. Go to the post office and get some flat rate boxes and/or envelopes, they are free. I love their small flat rate boxes for jewelry as people can't tell what's inside.

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 10/31/2014 TTerri said:

Thanks for posting that. I've never been able to find that information! Smile

You're welcome, Kittymom. I found the link by googling the term 'smart label' about three years ago.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the information.

The item I sent back via UPS was received and returned in 3-4 days tops.

The items I sent back via USPS still haven't arrived and it's been more than a week. When I try to track it on the Q's website, I get that screen that says the website is down. So I will track the other way.

Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 kkris812 said: The items I sent back via USPS still haven't arrived and it's been more than a week.

It's been my experience that when you use the pre-paid Smartlabel, it takes about 6-7 days for them to get the return. That's just how it is.

Trusted Contributor

I'm one of the lucky few who live close enough to a QVC warehouse that I can make my returns in person. The refunds show up in my Account status within a day. So my guess is that it's the shipping/waiting part that is sooooo slow for you all. I think once the warehouse receives it the return is processed quickly.

If anyone lives close enough to a warehouse you should check into it. I don't pay to return anything and my original shipment cost is also refunded. Of course it's a little gas to drive there but it's only a few miles from my house, in the same school district.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA