Contributor

OMG. Did anyone see Sharon selling the G.I.L.I. handbag. I felt sorry for her,in a way. It was like if she didn't sell them, something bad was going to happen. Talk about Over-Kill on selling a product. Just my Opinion. Anyone else have an opinion on it ?

Honored Contributor

Yes, and mine is that virtually everything presented these days sees the hosts as frantic and as if our purchasing the item right then and there is a matter of life and death. Personally, I watched the presentation and didn't see that it was really any different from the other things presented. GILI is a QVC house brand so it figures they'd be invested in it doing well, but given the bag is down to three colors, with one of those being limited, out of the seven or so originally available, it doesn't seem like they needed to do a whole lot to send this one flying out that door...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
I thought it interesting that they got Lisa to work at noon so she could do a presentation on Q Check. That must have been a first.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 10/27/2014 kachina624 said: I thought it interesting that they got Lisa to work at noon so she could do a presentation on Q Check. That must have been a first.

I thought she was supposed to be on at 3 too, though I could have mis-read that... I think whenever they've done a GILI item as a TSV, she plays the role of host and vendor and in addition to whatever shows she's scheduled to host, also 'appears' on other shows as a vendor. They actually have done it before. Boy, that must be exhausting!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
Didn't see that at all. As a matter of fact, GILI is on less than Vitamix yesterday. No hour GILI shows like when there's a Dooney TSV. rather a low key TSV to me.
Super Contributor

I agree OP. The host appears desperate. On the other hand, Lisa seems so relaxed now, maybe cuz she's leaving and doesn't have to worry about a quota? I really don't watch her much but today for some reason am watching. I love that GILI bag, BTW. Love the zipper closure! Bag on car seat, sudden stop, bag falls to floor, nothing falls out! If the hardware was not plated I'd buy a couple colors. - Bird

ETA: Actually I'm gonna correct my post, as that particular host is the one who sells the gourmet food, right? Seems too desperate in those shows too. Pressured, over kill. Just her style of selling I guess.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see Sharon present the bag, but I usually enjoy her presentations. I'll be glad when LR is gone, although I do like her presentations better now that she's leaving. I guess she's not as stressed and doesn't feel the need to perform.

Super Contributor

G.I.L.I. is Lisa Robertson's own line, isn't it?

Super Contributor
On 10/28/2014 txskies said:

G.I.L.I. is Lisa Robertson's own line, isn't it?

NO !!!! Lisa can't "own" a line, it is QVC's line. They own the patent, or copyright on it. Lisa is involved in selecting what she likes and wants to be included in the show, but it goes before others for approval as well. She is the salesperson, or spokeswoman who promotes the line in her own Lisa Robertson show. I think she is given credit for the tag line, "Got It , Love It."

Respected Contributor

There is so much hard sell going on it gets boring. All of the hosts are frantic, you have to get it now, it is flying out the door, run to the phones. Yada, Yada, Yada

Don't worry, be Happy!