Super Contributor

Strange email from Q about Refund

I just got an email telling me I was getting a refund on a Kringle Express Christmas Tree. The thing is I never ordered the item Did they just send this email to the customer list or do they have me mixed up with someone else? Anyone else get this?

Super Contributor

Re: Strange email from Q about Refund

I didn't get one. Must be meant for someone else.
Honored Contributor

I got it too. No worries, ok? I called QVC and was told that it was a glitch in their system and pretty much everybody got that email.

Honored Contributor

My biggest concern, especially when I tried to call the customer service number in the email (the one that ends with 9444) was that all I could get was a busy signal.

Then I went on my account, on another browser of course, and checked my orders. I don't order that much anymore and everything looked fine. I found another customer service number there and called it, and was able to get through.

That made me worry that it was a hack attempt, but the guy said not to worry - it was just a glitch in THEIR system that sent them out.

*WHEW*

Contributor

I just got one too. Scared me for a minute - I thought my account was hacked. But, I checked and it wasn't.

Glad to know it was just a glitch in the QVC system.

Honored Contributor

Finally got through to customer service. It's a mistake. Disregard. They're evidently being bombarded with calls.

Respected Contributor

I got one too and was worried someone hacked into my account and ordered a tree! But I checked my account and there is no order for that tree. Glad it was a glitch on their part.

Regular Contributor

Based on the volume of bad emails (I got one too), they should probably send out a "never mind" email to everyone and worry about adjustments for the couple of people who bought the tree when they get things fixed. Never got through on the phone so I decided to look here! Thanks for answering my question!
Honored Contributor

My daughter and I have different accounts and we each got the notice, also.

I have to say, I am sick and tired of QVC glitches. I tried to order two different items this past weekend and got two different notices saying the order system was down.

QVC online is always a mess, they know it and after several years it's still a mess.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 itsmagic said:

I got one too and was worried someone hacked into my account and ordered a tree! But I checked my account and there is no order for that tree. Glad it was a glitch on their part.

That's what I worried about also, because reportedly that has been done before.

And why haven't they sent out an apology email, assuring us it was all a mistake?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices