Why so many changes at QVC? I'm getting that "bad feeling" as too many players are leaving the game (so to speak).

We all know by now that Lisa is leaving QVC December 11th and we will miss her dearly! But I'm starting to worry because Mark Bouwer is on another network now AND I just saw QVC's jewelry guru and go to guy Michael O'Connor (?) on the same network. With these 3 gone (or going) so close together I'm just wondering if everything is going OK at my favorite shopping station, QVC? Does anyone have any input, thoughts, or comforting words for a QVC fan starting to get worried?

Respected Contributor

Re: Why so many changes at QVC? I'm getting that ""bad feeling"" as too many players are leaving the game (so to speak).

Not to mention all the folks who are gone and have not shown up elsewhere such as Bradley Bayou, Chloe Dao, Kathy van Zeeland and B Makowsky (who sold their companies), Sarah Campbelll, Suarti, etc. I don't know if it means anything more than the Q only wants to sell mattresses, vacuums and electronics.
Valued Contributor

Re: Why so many changes at QVC? I'm getting that ""bad feeling"" as too many players are leaving the game (so to speak).

I just heard Lisa is leaving ... I am soooo disappointed ... First Joan Rivers and now Lisa ... My favorites ... I saw Michael O'Connor this morning on HSN ... He was a classy representative for Affinity on QVC and I missed him on the diamond shows instead of the Q jewelry buyer ... Now you have me wondering the same thing ... who else is going ?? I wonder if her PM Style pal Courtney will go ... Lisa will definitely have a following when she shows up somewhere else, including myself. It wasn't just the clothes, bags, beauty she sold, it was LISA we were also buying ... and not just her style, but her fabulous humor, her comradorie with the models, her laughter, her tips about fashion and what to wear, just the whole package ... Huge loss for QVC ... and ME !! I'll follow her !!
Regular Contributor

On 10/24/2014 AuntieSuzie said: I just heard Lisa is leaving ... I am soooo disappointed ... First Joan Rivers and now Lisa ... My favorites ... I saw Michael O'Connor this morning on HSN ... He was a classy representative for Affinity on QVC and I missed him on the diamond shows instead of the Q jewelry buyer ... Now you have me wondering the same thing ... who else is going ?? I wonder if her PM Style pal Courtney will go ... Lisa will definitely have a following when she shows up somewhere else, including myself. It wasn't just the clothes, bags, beauty she sold, it was LISA we were also buying ... and not just her style, but her fabulous humor, her comradorie with the models, her laughter, her tips about fashion and what to wear, just the whole package ... Huge loss for QVC ... and ME !! I'll follow her !!

I must be the only one who won't miss her when she leaves. Maybe she will take her lip liner and Courtney with her.

Super Contributor

I'm not going to miss the prima dona either. Maybe now some of the other hosts will be able to grow and showcase their talents. I'm sure they hate being in her shadow, as well. Bye bye Lisa...it's about time.
Honored Contributor

There really isn't a host I would actually miss except David. But what I will be glad to see the back of, when Lisa is gone, is the cult status she attained with a subset of viewers. This was done with QVC's blessing, and I hope they finally understand that elevating one host to goddess status is not really a good idea for the channel. Not only does it create potential for very ill feelings between the other hosts and management, but an awful lot of viewers don't want to see ANY one person featured so prominently.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Well then you should be happy when Lisa is gone and there is extra time for I'm sure more of your favorites, such as Shoe Shopping with Jane ... Enjoy ladies ... Now where is that button .... Oh here it is ... Ignore User ...
Honored Contributor

A big wig for US business was let go a couple of months ago. I can only hope that means they are as tired of the current pattern of repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive boring shows as the rest of us.

Honored Contributor

I think the OP and the other posters hit the nail on the head---- Mary Campbell has been placed in charge U.S. Commerce platforms (which includes social media and TV programming). Here is the official announcement from QVC's CLUELESS CEO Mike George---

Wednesday’s press release said that Campbell is responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the company’s TV, web, mobile, tablet and social while translating the QVC brand across all platforms to drive customer engagement and e-commerce sales.

Mary has been a driver of our success over the past two decades and instrumental in delivering a seamless, consistent and engaging experience to QVC customers,”

In other words, Mr. CEO thinks Ms. Campbell is doing a "fabulous" and consistent job, so it appears that changes that are NEEDED will not be made. He used the word CONSISTENT, which is nothing more than a synonym for BORING, REPETITIVE, REDUNDANT, DULL, and DREADFUL! And I hate to correct Mr. George, but the customer experience is definitely NOT engaging! {#emotions_dlg.glare} It appears that QVC USA has experienced changes (Lisa's leaving, an exec resigning, QVC expands into France) but it appears that the MUCH NEEDED changes for QVC USA will NOT be appearing anytime soon....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

On 10/24/2014 moonchilde said:

There really isn't a host I would actually miss except David. But what I will be glad to see the back of, when Lisa is gone, is the cult status she attained with a subset of viewers. This was done with QVC's blessing, and I hope they finally understand that elevating one host to goddess status is not really a good idea for the channel. Not only does it create potential for very ill feelings between the other hosts and management, but an awful lot of viewers don't want to see ANY one person featured so prominently.

QVC always has elevated a couple hosts above the other hosts (right now its Lisa and David Venable), but before them Kathy Levine was given goddess status by QVC, Mary Beth Rowe was put on a pedestal, Rick for awhile was elevated, the same as Judy Crowell and Jeffery Hewson where. Which is smart business, if a host is connecting with the viewers "AKA customers" it means more viewers will be tuning in which means more sales. If them doing that creates potential ill feelings between the other hosts and management, the other hosts need to take a look at their on air presentations and see what they can do to become more appealing to the customers. The majority of viewers (whether some will admit it or not), turn in when their favorite hosts are on air and like to see them featured prominently.