Honored Contributor

IS THIS MARY CAMPBELL TAKING OVER FOR CLAIRE?

Interesting reading about Mary Campbell from Linda Moss's Blog. And you will get a good laugh at this from CEO Mike George,

"Mary has been a driver of our success over the past two decades and instrumental in delivering a seamless, consistent and engaging experience to QVC customers,”. Really??? ENGAGING??? More and more customers and getting disgusted and many are reducing the time they spend watching or making purchases from QVC. More like a dull and boring experience....And the only reason e-commerce has increased is due to the fact that QVC's programming is so boring and more and more people don't want to watch, so the few products customers still like are purchased online instead of calling Customer Service.

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/is-mary-campbell-the-new-claire-watts-at-qvc/#comme...

HOMESHOPPINGISTA BY LINDA MOSS-

Is Mary Campbell The New Claire Watts At QVC?

QVC has promoted Mary Campbell to Executive Vice President of U.S. Commerce Platforms, reporting directly to QVC Inc. top banana Mike George.

We asked QVC, and never got an answer, as to whether Campbell is the replacement for Claire Watts, the QVC U.S. CEO who abruptly exited the channel in September.

It sounds like Campbell is, and if so, it sounds like another case where a woman gets a promotion but doesn’t get the title she really deserves. Just sayin’.

Wednesday’s press release said that Campbell is responsible for guiding the strategic direction of the company’s TV, web, mobile, tablet and social while translating the QVC brand across all platforms to drive customer engagement and e-commerce sales.

“Mary has been a driver of our success over the past two decades and instrumental in delivering a seamless, consistent and engaging experience to QVC customers,” George said in a canned statement. “Through her continued leadership and guidance, we’ll remain at the forefront of innovation in commerce by expanding our TV programming and maintaining our leadership in e-commerce and mobile.”

QVC’s mobile commerce business has grown steadily year over year, currently accounting for 37 percent of U.S. e-commerce revenue in the second quarter 2014. Additionally, QVC is the third-largest mobile commerce player among multicategory retailers according to the 2015 Internet Retailer Mobile 500.

Since joining QVC in 1991, Campbell has held leadership roles across the business, including Merchandising, Planning and Commerce Platforms.

In her most recent role as senior vice president of commerce pPlatforms, Campbell led the expansion of QVC’s broadcast by launching two new TV distribution channels, over-the-air and QVC Plus.

QVC Plus, which now reaches 47 million homes, offers the same programming as the main QVC channel with a three-hour delay along with unique live and pre-produced programming.

Campbell was also instrumental in enhancing QVC’s digital experience through the creation of the company’s first social shopping community, toGather, the redesign of the QVC for iPad application, and the implementation of responsive design for QVC’s website.

Campbell will continue to be based at QVC’s global headquarters in West Chester, Pa.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: IS THIS MARY CAMPBELL TAKING OVER FOR CLAIRE?

Holy cow! If the website has been/is under her domain, the Q is in bigger trouble than I thought. In the best of worlds, she hadn't been tainted by the policies of the previous regime.
Super Contributor

I totally agree !! So Mike George is announcing that everything is hers to blame !!! Ha Ha , he's good at hanging out women to dry while the buck is supposed to stop with him!

Just one bad problem after another. I see things only getting worse after New Year's as well. Diet food, exercise and gym equipment, Weight Watchers, and all of the other in-home diet food programs, BORING,BORING, BORING.

Honored Contributor

MJD and REMEE---

And since QVC's parent company is separating out QVC's (and the portion they own in HSN) stock it will be interesting to see the results and what the stockholders think.....

"The QVC Group tracking stock allows investors to more closely track QVC’s strong performance, including its leadership in mobile ecommerce and its visionary innovations that provide customers with a seamless, integrated shopping experience across all digital platforms.

It also provides greater clarity and visibility into QVC’s operational and financial results, according to a press release."

And yet another HILARIOUS quote from Mike George......

Our multichannel approach provides an engaging and immersive shopping experience that fosters meaningful relationships and customer loyalty. The QVC tracking stock is a testament to both our progress and future growth potential. As we build upon our track record of top-line expansion, industry-leading margins, and prudent capital allocation, we look forward to delivering increasing value to our shareholders.”

Meaningful relationships and customer loyalty......that is indeed laughable......if QVC cared any thing about customer retention, relationship and loyalty they would certainly provide more diversity in products and programming.....CLUELESS!!! As for growth I guess he's talking about the growth in the international markets and opening QVC France in 2015....and possibly Brazil and other places....meanwhile QVC USA appears stagnant and not doing all that well....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Here's the link to the full article...

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/pure-play-qvc-group-tracking-stock-starts-trading/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, I suppose this answers all the questions about hoped for change and the future of QVC. Pretty clearly there isn't going to be any, or at least not much, change that is... I think some of us had hoped that with Watts' departure George would seize this opportunity to bring in someone fresh, who could take a gander at this mess with fresh eyes and implement fresh ideas that hopefully included fresh products and who would deep-six some of what is so very annoying about the current operation. Normally, I'm a big fan of promoting from inside and of hence rewarding long-term staff. In this instance, given the dire need for 'new and different' and given what I'm seeing here appears on this woman's resume, well, I'm saddened and underwhelmed.

Personally, the whole 'title', 'what would they have called her had she been a man' thing couldn't matter less to me. It's all overwhelmingly secondary to the core issue, which is what this change means, or could have meant to QVC. What this says to me is that it's going to be business as usual. What it also says to me, for several reasons, is that George is pretty firmly the man in charge.

I know some of us have been speculating as to whether the problems we feel exist with QVC were the result of Watts, George or the combination. I've long felt that no one person could have created this land-fill and that the 'fault' was with both of them. But let's face it, it would appear that Georgie-boy is here to stay. Otherwise, he'd likely not have been allowed to make this decision, as the board would probably have permitted any replacement to make their own choice. Not only that, but by picking someone who's clearly been part and party to this ongoing fiasco, what he's essentially telling us is that he and the board are just fine with the way things are... and that implies more of the same.

Oh Q, another opportunity missed. What a shame.

And I think we're pretty much done here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 stevieb said:

Well, I suppose this answers all the questions about hoped for change and the future of QVC. Pretty clearly there isn't going to be any, or at least not much, change that is... I think some of us had hoped that with Watts' departure George would seize this opportunity to bring in someone fresh, who could take a gander at this mess with fresh eyes and implement fresh ideas that hopefully included fresh products and who would deep-six some of what is so very annoying about the current operation. Normally, I'm a big fan of promoting from inside and of hence rewarding long-term staff. In this instance, given the dire need for 'new and different' and given what I'm seeing here appears on this woman's resume, well, I'm saddened and underwhelmed.

Personally, the whole 'title', 'what would they have called her had she been a man' thing couldn't matter less to me. It's all overwhelmingly secondary to the core issue, which is what this change means, or could have meant to QVC. What this says to me is that it's going to be business as usual. What it also says to me, for several reasons, is that George is pretty firmly the man in charge.

I know some of us have been speculating as to whether the problems we feel exist with QVC were the result of Watts, George or the combination. I've long felt that no one person could have created this land-fill and that the 'fault' was with both of them. But let's face it, it would appear that Georgie-boy is here to stay. Otherwise, he'd likely not have been allowed to make this decision, as the board would probably have permitted any replacement to make their own choice. Not only that, but by picking someone who's clearly been part and party to this ongoing fiasco, what he's essentially telling us is that he and the board are just fine with the way things are... and that implies more of the same.

Stevie....I think you hit the nail on the head.....with this assignment it appears that the Q is content to remain status quo and our high hopes for a bit more diversity has vanished....SIGH!!!!{#emotions_dlg.crying} Our only slightly last thread of hope is that Q's future financials continue in their stinky ways and the stockholders take notice!!!! They can no longer hide behind Liberty Interactive's other companies....

As for her "lack of title" it doesn't matter to me either, it appears it's just a way for them to offer her less money, which is all part of what appears to be their cost cutting ways.....so they can put that money into their international plans perhaps?...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Respected Contributor

I guess when they find themselves on the JCP path, they will wonder how they got there. Too bad, there was a great deal of potential to improve, which would translate into an improved bottom line. It seems like they are too tone deaf at the top to realize that they have issues and it will be too late when they figure it out.

It will be interesting to see what they find once they start looking at the business separated out from the rest of their holdings.

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/24/2014 stevieb said:

Stevie....I think you hit the nail on the head.....with this assignment it appears that the Q is content to remain status quo and our high hopes for a bit more diversity has vanished....SIGH!!!!{#emotions_dlg.crying} Our only slightly last thread of hope is that Q's future financials continue in their stinky ways and the stockholders take notice!!!! They can no longer hide behind Liberty Interactive's other companies....

As for her "lack of title" it doesn't matter to me either, it appears it's just a way for them to offer her less money, which is all part of what appears to be their cost cutting ways.....so they can put that money into their international plans perhaps?...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Is QVC even publicly traded? I'm not sure it is. I know they have a board of directors, who must either be rich as Croesus and hence not really care about the level of profit here or have been utterly hoodwinked by all the corporate hype and obfuscating verbiage... I think any savings at the executive level is being funneled into the budget to pay someone to write all this tripe... And hey, at the end of the day, I'd be pretty happy with the title of Executive VP... I'm sure it's compensated nicely, you know, for however long this lasts... until, well, glub... glub... glub...

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 cosmic1 said:

I guess when they find themselves on the JCP path, they will wonder how they got there. Too bad, there was a great deal of potential to improve, which would translate into an improved bottom line. It seems like they are too tone deaf at the top to realize that they have issues and it will be too late when they figure it out.

It will be interesting to see what they find once they start looking at the business separated out from the rest of their holdings.

I've long maintained that this organization, as it currently operates, is arrogant with a capital A. They think they're Teflon and maybe they are, but you know, even Teflon wears down over time. Should anyone ever wake up and realize the engineer has been asleep at the wheel for the past half decade, it might well be too little to late. And you know, I don't much care anymore.

Personally, I think they've got trouble ahead. No one was ever more a fan of QVC than I was at one time. At this point, I almost never watch, and while I do still buy, I do so reluctantly because I really just don't like QVC, at any level, any more. It seems there is a growing list of customers who feel much the same way.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you, StevieB. Once they wake up, it will be too late.