Honored Contributor

Gifts for the Flashlight Enthusiast

There had to be some sales research somewhere that said flashlights have a huge profit margin or something.

QVC is quickly becomes the Flashlight Channel.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: ""Gifts for the Flashlight Enthusiast""

Oh yea, QVC is all about 'illuminated' everything this time of year...

Every year... year after year... year in and year out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The thing today that I saw with Gabrielle overnight was a picture of flameless candles. So they aren't candles, but pictures of candles and the picture lights up.

I actually had to stop and watch that presentation because my mind kept going to "who is this for?" Flameless candles are for people who can't have flames around (kids, pets, fear of fire, etc.). I get that. But a picture of a flameless candle?

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

OH NO!! Not again!! How many years is it now?
Valued Contributor

Aah, you make fun, but my Dad is 88 years old and flashlights are one of his favorite gifts to give and get! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} He got 6 new ones for Christmas last year.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And, no, I honestly don't know why except that they are practical and if you had to sum my dad up in one word, it would be practical! And, yes, I love him very, very much - I am the proud owner of 10 flashlights, 3 in my car alone!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I know so many who love to get flashlights and I'm one of them! You can never have too many. I keep several in each room. in the garage, basement, a few in my car and at least 2 in my purse. Many misplace or loose them also! Some don't think of buying them and when they need them - well -they say they wish they had some but them when the crisis is over they forget all about it! Very few seem to carry roadside flares anymore and several times over the past few years all my flashlights came in handy to use at accident scenes - especially when the accident was on a curvy back road.

Honored Contributor

I have these EverReady mini flashlights that plug into the wall. I have a townhouse, so I have about 4 on every level in various places like hallways and near the circuit box. When the lights go out in my house, the place lights up like a football stadium. My neighbor called me once to ask how I had lights when the power was out. I hadn't gone around to unplug most of them yet. It's nice because no matter where you are, the lights come on so you aren't caught in the dark.

I also have a small lantern style light for my bathrooms. I have 3 bathrooms and none have windows, so it's nice to put the lantern on the counter and it lights up the whole room.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I've got about six in my condo, I'd say that's probably enough... They can be useful stocking stuffers, but after the volume of them QVC has offered over the years, anyone I know whose stocking needed stuffing with a flashlight has been by now...

And yea, a picture of a flameless candle is just plain over the top...

QVC, like a dog with a bone...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Flashlights, can openers....just yuck.
Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 VaBelle35 said:

The thing today that I saw with Gabrielle overnight was a picture of flameless candles. So they aren't candles, but pictures of candles and the picture lights up.

I actually had to stop and watch that presentation because my mind kept going to "who is this for?" Flameless candles are for people who can't have flames around (kids, pets, fear of fire, etc.). I get that. But a picture of a flameless candle?

They aren't pictures of flameless candles. They are called Illuminart and are canvas paintings and various things on the canvas will light. For instance, if there is a canvas painting of a X-mas tree, parts of the tree will illuminate.

I actually think they are very pretty. There are several small stores in my area that sell these and they are gorgeous. Some are fall motifs, some holiday and some just everyday.

Here is one I think is very pretty:

Lighted Glistening Pines Lighted Canvas Art - 15 x 10